♡ dream date || kim junkyu

DREAM DATE 

Once again, your day was sabotaged as Kim Junkyu was following you around. Wherever you'd go, he'd follow you around, trying to talk to you despite the many ways in which you tried to stop him.

"No matter what you do or say, you know I won't agree to anything, right?" You asked him, turning around to look at him, causing him to pause in his tracks.

"I am asking for just one date, Y/N-ssi and then it's up to you to decide whether you want a second one," he replied, pouting slightly for effect, hoping out of all the times he asked, at least you would agree this time.

"Kyu, I am really not looking forward to any dates with any guys. I tried telling it to you nicely, but you ignored all my hints. I am not looking to associating with any guy right now." You try saying it in a soft tone, but your voice ends up cracking.

You really didn't want to be forced to do anything and weren't planning on going on dates after your last bad one.

Junkyu just smiled at what you said and stretched his arms out wide, gesturing you to come in for a hug. You giggle and fit in a side hug, your face leaning against his chest. "It's the first time you've called me by a nickname. And please don't think I am forcing you to do anything, I am just laying out the options here." He chuckled as you hit him after his first phrase.

"Okay, Sejong University's black-haired visual king, Kim Junkyu, let's say that I'd agree to all of this. What would our date comprise?" You asked, walking towards the bench on the Astroturf of your university grounds and sitting down.

Junkyu tried hiding the smile that was making its way to his mouth. It was the first time you had even considered the date he had planned. You too could see what a hard time he was having, trying not to smile like a lunatic.

"Well, I have loads planned, so if you said yes, I'd take the day off tomorrow since you don't have classes tomorrow. That way we can enjoy everything I have prepared." Junkyu admitted as you shook your head and let out a small laugh.

"You seem to know my schedule. I mean, after all that following, I'd be surprised if you didn't," you joked, earning a laugh from Junkyu. "But what is all this you have planned?" You asked, feeling a tad bit guilty seeing that he had planned out everything and you kept saying no.

He's even willing to take his day off to spend it with you. He's bloody infatuated with you, Y/N.

"Um, first off, we can hit up the book club meeting that starts at 9am. It ends at 10, so we can go to The Bakers Table for a dessert-only breakfast and then, go on a walking tour in the neighborhood. You can host if you want." He winked and chuckled. "And then we can troll around in the photo booths in the fair nearby and head to Tavolo 24 for lunch. After that, we can go to the bookstore and read out our favourite lines from our favourite books."

He paused and looked at you to see if you had dozed off through his ranting, but your smile got wider and you nodded at him, urging him to continue.

"We can play around in the park until 7 pm and then go the Cheong Yi Pub, which is holding this trivia quiz. After we win that, we could maybe buy some spray paint cans and do some graffiti, you know? I know it's kind of illegal, but it no couple seems to do it together so I thought maybe we could be the first ones." Junkyu smiled once again.

"Then, we could end the night with dinner and stargazing and I could drop you off at your dorm and yeah, end of our date," he concluded his date idea, and you pouted at him, pretending to be sad.

"Kyu, I don't think I might need a second date after this."

"W-What? Why do you say that, Y/N?"

"I mean, all of my dream dates are legit squished into one right there!" You squealed and laughed at Junkyu's scared expression.

Junkyu laughed along with you before putting a serious expression. "I might not know what happened that night, but I know you fear going on another date. It might be a lot to ask, but I just want you to trust me on this one, Y/N-ssi. I will make it a memorable one, so memorable, you'll forget whatever that dipshit tried on you to make a bad date."

You smiled at Junkyu's statement and nodded lightly before saying, "Okay then. We'll go, but only on two conditions!" You looked at Junkyu to see his expressions.

He nodded enthusiastically before urging you to continue with your conditions.

"Number one is that you won't skip class tomorrow and we'll go on that date when the both of us have a free day. And number two is that if I ever feel like it is going to work, I'll walk out," you said, pushing away the negative thoughts in your head.

None of them ever worked out before. What could be different with this one? You didn't know whether if you did the right choice saying yes to Junkyu, but you hoped it was a good choice.

"Sure, Y/N. Whatever you say," Junkyu said with a wide smile on his face.

That date ended up being the best decision you had taken your entire life. And even better, Junkyu ended up being the best person in your entire life as well.