♡ be with me || kim doyoung

BE WITH ME ✩

"... I just want to be with you. That's all I am asking, is it too much to ask?" You looked at Doyoung, tears threatening to fall.

"I just," he paused, sighing, "we won't we be accepted by anyone. No one approves of us. We're just not meant to be."

You stomped forward, sadness transitioning to anger. "Why do you always care about what people think? Why can't you just listen to what your heart says? Just this once!"

"And end scene!" Your drama professor called out, causing all the actors to sigh in relief. "Great job, Y/N. You got those tears in perfect time. And Doyoung, I love the feel you are giving. Let's wrap up for the day."

You stretched a little, standing straight when you saw Doyoung approaching you. "Great as always, Y/N. You better mention me in your speech when you win your Oscar," he joked, earning a playful punch from you.

"Well, I am an acting major. Let's talk about how you are doing such a good job. I mean, as far as I know, you are in the Dance department." You handed a water bottle to Doyoung.

"And how do you know that?"

"Junghwan."

Doyoung nodded, gulping down his water. "Junghwan is your boyfriend?" He asked, not showing his disappointment.

"Nah, he's too short to be my boyfriend," you answered, smiling when you saw a confused look on the older's face, "but he is the right size to be my brother."

"Ooh, So Y/N, I see. What a talented family."

"Now, tell me." You sat on the stage as everyone else packed up. "What is a dance major like you doing in the Theatre department?" Doyoung sat next to you, grinning goofily.

"Well, I will be honest with you since you are my co-star," he replied, causing you to laugh. "I have a crush on one of the acting majors here, so I asked one of my friends to get me into this acting thing."

"I am guessing Park Jihoon is this friend of yours?"

"How do you know?"

"Only he will be up for some cupid business like that. Besides, he is friendly with everyone."

"That's true."

You nodded, swinging your legs before jumping off the stage. "So, did you ask this chick out?" You asked, grabbing your bag as Doyoung followed you.

"Nah, we are kinda awkward. And I only got to know her recently, so I don't wanna blow her off by coming off too strong," he explained, causing you to nod.

"Well, I mean, you can never come off too strong. Better to get the point across then suffer in silence." You helped Doyoung in packing up his bag since his things were scattered over the chairs. "So, who is this lucky girl? Do I know her?" You asked, giving the older boy a small smile.

"Yeah, you do."

"Ooh, who is she?"

"She's standing in front of me right now."