♡ clingy || park jihoon

CLINGY 

"I'm sorry, okay? I love you and all, Y/N ... but this is too much."

Jihoon sighed, his hand on your cheek as if he was trying to make you understand. The two of you sat in the living room of your shared apartment, the air tense with the serious conversation your boyfriend had started.

"What exactly is too much?" You instinctively scooted back, brows furrowing as you tried to figure out what even led to this conversation. "You live in the dorms because of the comeback, and I haven't really complained about it. But now when you come home after a while, you are pushing me away ... is it wrong?"

"Well, am I only supposed to have time to myself when I'm at the dorms?" Jihoon scoffed, misinterpreting your words. "Maybe I should stay there often," he muttered under his breath.

You stood from your place, fisting your hands at your side. "Excuse me?" You mimicked Jihoon's tone, eyes squinting in disbelief.

The distance between you two clicked instantly, with Jihoon following your actions, standing closer to you. "That came out wrong. I'm sorry. It's been a stressful week. And it's ... it's all piling up now," he apologised, contemplating the next words he was going to say.

"And? What else? Just let it out." Maybe those words were a mistake on your end.

Another sigh escaped his lips, heaving out a breath, letting you know he was trying his hardest to control himself. "You have been too ... too clingy, you know? And it's not necessarily a bad thing. Not at all." You could tell he was rambling nervously, but you listened to him, regardless. "But it's just that you are always there and I ... I just need–"

"A break?" You continued the rest for him, only because it would save you the pain if he didn't complete that sentence. "Not to be too touchy, maybe? Actually, not touchy at all would be better."

"Babe, no. It's just ..." Jihoon tried to fix whatever that went wrong, but you tuned him out, your own words echoing in your head.

Things like this happen in a relationship. It's common, right? You tried convincing yourself with the positives, but hearing Jihoon's ridiculous explanation of indirectly asking for space — when you two hadn't even met once for the past two weeks — it was difficult not to break down.

But you didn't want to guilt him with your tears, so you sucked in it and forced a genuine-looking smile onto your face. "You don't have to explain yourself, Jihoon. It's alright, I understand," you lied, seeing him sigh in relief, glad you were taking it well.

In reality, you weren't. You didn't understand. Because how the heck was your clinginess not justified with how distant you two have been? Was being clingy not reasonable when you were meeting your boyfriend after over two weeks?

And even if it was not justified, how could it even lead to you two having a break? Fucking hell, you had seen Jihoon be clingier than you were with his members — but he never fucking objected, did he?

It led you to thinking a lot more than you should've. Maybe Jihoon's not feeling the same as before. Maybe he doesn't love me. You brought in the pain upon yourself with your overthinking, but remained calm to Jihoon.

"You don't have to apologise, I understand."

You didn't understand — not even the slightest — but you lied to Jihoon, because you'd never ask love from someone who's asking for distance.

***

Promotions were finally over, and that meant coming home to you. With the hectic work schedules and promotional stress, Jihoon had long forgotten the conversation you two had a month ago. And he thought you did too.