♡ happy endings || kanemoto yoshinori

HAPPY ENDINGS 

"Do every prince and princess have a happy ending?"

Yoshi's cousin, Akari, asked, laying on her bed, keeping herself awake as your boyfriend hummed in thought.

"Yes, they all do," Yoshi answered after a while, not wanting to hit his cousin with the reality of tragic love stories. "Everyone gets their happy ending."

Akari's brother, Daichi, sat on the bunk above his sister's, looking between his cousin and you. "Do you and Y/N also have a happy ending?" He inquired as his eight-year-old brain tried to conduct a mini experiment by himself.

Yoshi nodded without hesitation, and you smiled to yourself, waiting for his answer. "We do — I mean, we will. Y/N and I are still writing our story, so we have some time left until our ending," he explained, causing the kids to nod. "But I'm sure we'll have a happy ending. I'll do my best to have one."

You watched as your boyfriend tucked his cousins to bed, quietly leading you out of their room and into the guest room. Yoshi still had the little ponytail Akira had done for him on his head, and you didn't make an effort to tell him about it.

Not just yet.

"Thanks for helping me babysit the kids today. My aunt and uncle are nice people, but these kids can be a handful," Yoshi thanked, sitting on the bed as he closed his eyes, letting out a sigh. "Everything went smoothly, thanks to you."

You shook your head, giggling as your boyfriend wrapped his arms around you, pulling you into his embrace. "You did an amazing job too, you know? I can see why your aunt insists you babysit them." You laid your back against his chest, playing with his hands. "Akira and Daichi adore you."

"You think so?"

"I know so."

The two of you rested in silence, your breaths even going in sync as you relaxed for a bit. Yoshi, however, could feel you were tense in his arms, and waited for a while before talking about it, wanting to make sure you were alright.

"Hey, you good?" He tilted your head up, causing you to see his somewhat upside-down face. "Are you thinking about something?"

You hummed as you nodded, not breaking eye-contact. "Did you mean what you said when you were in the room?" You asked, your voice quiet, feeling shy. "About our happy ending?"

"That must've been so sudden on you, huh?" Yoshi muttered, running his fingers through your hair. "I meant it, though. Every single word."

"Really?"

"Of course, angel. I hope to not only have a happy ending but also a happily ever after. All with you."