41

<3rd POV>

The winter came by as quick as a blink of an eye. Soon, the normally green courtyards were covered with fluffy white snow, and the Giant Lake had frozen over.

If you looked out of the window during breakfast, you could find several students (namely the Weasley twins) having a snowball fight.

On the bright side, there was only 3 cases of petrification, a gryffindor first year that goes by the name of Colin Creevey, the Gryffindor Ghost and a Hufflepuff student Justin Finch Fletchley .

On the not so bright side, Lockhart had become another stupid idiot. Especially with the pathetic Dueling Club that barely lasted an entire week. 

*Flashback*

"Harry! Do you want to join the dueling club?" Draco asked one morning eyes glinting with something Harry couldn't figure out.

"No thanks." Harry replied immediately backing away. 

"Oh come on! It'll be fun!" Draco whined. The two were alone in the common room. Everyone was already in the great hall for breakfast. Draco had forgotten his Transfiguration book back at the dorms, so the duo doubled back to the Slytherin Dungeons. 

"As if. I bet that it would be Lockhart who would be teaching." Harry stubbornly said. 

"Pleasee??? For me? I heard that Daphne and the rest are also planning to join." Draco started.

"Go with Alec." Harry shook his head as he sped up leaving Draco behind. 

~

But at that exact evening, Harry found himself being dragged to the hall where the dueling club would be happening. Blaise, Draco, and Alec practically pulled him out of his armchair, where he was currently reading, and dragged him to the hall. 

"I can't wait to see Potter get beaten." Blaise laughed rather maliciously. 

"Who's this about getting beaten?" A rather familiar voice came from behind them. 

"Prof. Black! We were just talking about how Evelyn would lose." Alec piped up. 

"Honestly, I would too. Just don't let them hear you. I'm opening up a gambling bet with the twins. Want to bet?" Sirius asked, earning a jab in the chest by Remus. 

Sending a playful glare to the dog animagus, Remus pulled him away from the students and towards the back of the hall where the rest of the teachers gathered. 

"Why am I even here?" Harry groaned for not the first time nor the last. 

"Because, we're your bestfriend. And I want to see Potter lose." Draco gestured to the raised platform, with Blaise and Alec quickly nodding their head. 

The long dining tables had vanished and a golden stage had appearedalong one wall, lit by many candles floating. The ceiling was velvetyblack with a few bright stars scattered across it and most of the school seemed to be packed beneath it, all carryingtheir wands and looking excited. 

Glancing at the other side of the stage, Harry could just barely see the silhouette of a crowd crowding over Potter. 

Her loud voice could be heard over the whispers, chatter, and laughter of other students. "I have been training with Prof. Dumbledore ever since I turned 10. I'll be the best in the club easily." 

(Un)luckily, Lockhart climbed onto the stage with Prof. Snape. Harry groaned for the nth time. It is going to be an extremely boring evening.

*END FLASHBACK*