67

"Harry! How are you feeling?" Sirius asked, slinging an arm over the quiet student just after they finished the Defense Against Dark Arts class. 

Harry shrugged, causing his father's hand to fall off his shoulder. To be honest he was tired, he just wanted to get everything over with and take a 24 hour nap. Never mind, make it a 48 hour nap. He thinks he deserves it after everything that he had encountered over the past few weeks. 

Throughout the entire morning, students from all over Hogwarts had either wished his luck for tonight or insulted him. It was pretty annoying if Harry was honest. To be bombarded every few minutes in the hallways by annoying fans was probably the worst thing to ever exist. 

Tonight, was the final night. The night everything would come to an end. The night Dumbledore along with the Potter family will be finally knocked down from their pillars. 

"Seriously though, are you alright? Nervous?" Sirius continued to pester him, not wanting to leave Harry alone for any reason. Reasons that would remain unknown.

Harry silently wished Sirius away. But since he is a good child, he remained silent, allowing his father to ask him questions that will remain unanswered.

"I'm fine, really I am. Just slightly nervous, but who wouldn't be. I'd love to hang around with you dad, but I actually need to go prepare... McGonagall told me to meet up at the Quidditch pitch in a few minutes." Harry said, picking up his abandoned bag from his chair. His heart twinged slightly at the look on his father's face. 

Sirius nodded, allowing Harry to slip away from. He took the chance, and left the class as soon as possible, before Sirius suddenly changed  his mind.

He took a deep breath, allowing the fresh air to enter his body, feeling all the previous tension fade away from his body. He walked along the hallways of Hogwarts, silently reminiscing the times when she was new. 

Eventually, he found himself in the pitch... well, of what used to be the pitch. Hedges were grown everywhere, effectively creating a maze of sorts. Two of the contestants were already there, waiting. 

Viktor and Fleur were waiting under the tent specifically made for the champions, akwardly standing next to one an other. Harry could feel the rising tension even though he was still four to five meters away from them. 

"Morning Viktor, Fleur." Harry greeted, being the perfect diplomat the founders had drilled him to be. 

(He still remembered the times when Rowena and Helga would sit with him, reading through books of pureblood traditions, learning the ways a respected member of the wizarding society should act.)

"Good morning Harry." Fleur said, her french accent clearly showing through. 

Viktor simply nodded, a silent guy. His eyes were focused on the growing hedges. If what the judges had said was correct, the hedges would be fully grown by tonight, and could even reach a height of 3m. 

Harry could only wish that it wouldn't be that tall. It would be a nuisance with the walls towering over him. Not to mention the enemies hidden in every single corner. 

But that wouldn't be a huge problem. After all, Harry still has a goal. A goal to win. 

And nothing would stop him. Nothing.

The three made small talk for a while, to lift the cloud of anxiety away from them. The topics ranged from the weather to how prepared they were for tonight. The other two competitors have spent the past few weeks holed up in the vast Hogwarts Library. Hogwarts was known to have one of the best library amongst other wizarding school in the whole world. 

The reason why Harry had never seen them, was because instead of staying in  the library, he was in the Room of Requirements. Helpful, because whenever he needs a specific book, he'd just ask and it'd appear in the room. 

"Good day everyone, today we'll be discussing about... Wait hold on. Where's our fourth competitor?" Fudge said as soon as he stepped into the tent, his hat nearly falling from his head as he ducked. The other three occupants looked at one another in complete confusion, shrugging when neither of them could give it a response onto the missing's person whereabouts.

Not that any of the three really cared about her. 

Fudge continued, a slight frown on the edges of his mouth, and continued. "Well, maybe we should wait for her or..." 

Speak of the devil and she shall arrive.

Literally.

Evelyn Potter stood in the tent opening, standing there with a smirk on her face, not feeling the slightest guilt of being late and making everyone wait up. 

"Sorry for the hold up. I was caught up signing autographs and talking with my fans. It's quite a hard life you know, being famous and all." She boasted, plopping her things down on the side of the tent. 

Fudge, who had wiped the frown off of his face the moment the Potter heir had entered the tent, quickly cleared his throat. "Right... So as I was saying before Mrs. Potter came, today we'll be discussing about tonight's events. I hope everyone's all well-prepared for tonight?" 

"Definitely. I'm 101 percent sure that I will win this." Potter answered before anyone could even open their mouth. What did they expect. Most of the time Potter opened their mouth, its just filled with so much bullshit that everyone learnt to ignore. 

Harry rolled his eye at that statement, knowing how tonight's events will unfold. Without any unwanted interruption, Potter, both Potters would finally be knocked down from their high horses. 

"Good to hear that. How about the other contestants?" Fudge asked, nodding at Potter's answer. 

Fleur scoffed a 'Of course I'm ready', Viktor mumbled a quiet yes, and Harry simply remained silent, eyes looking out of the tent at the growing hedges.

This continued on for another 10 minutes, with Fudge asking questions and Potter answering most of them. They were quickly dismissed from the tent, and would you believe it if I told you Harry was the first to pack up his belongings and leaving the tent? 

Definitely yes.

It isn't that Harry disliked Viktor and Fleur. No, he enjoyed their company. But Potter? The complete opposite. He couldn't even stand being in the same room as Potter. 

Walking through the grounds of Hogwarts, he noticed the giant oak tree in the middle of the courtyard, with several students gathered there laughing around. He frowned at the view of Daphne Greengrass talking along with the rest of their friends. 

It's been a long time since he talked with her, and as much as her heart (and mind) is shouting at him to just talk to her. He couldn't get distracted before the third task ended. 

Because tonight. Tonight everything will end. Forever.

A/N: lmao let me explain my disappearance. before that though, 1m. we done it. 1 million views, and i cannot explain my gratitude to all the readers and basically everyone who supported me along this journey. 

so my disappearance. i've been writing the rest of the story (so far there's only 5 more before it ends) and i will be uploading them every 2 weeks on saturday so keep your eyes out for that. 

last thing, im thinking of making a patreon, would anyone be willing to be a part of it..? (if i made it)