68

Night quickly fell upon Hogwarts, but instead of the usual tiredness that the students carry, they carry an air of excitement for the upcoming events that night. Students were all gathered in the stands around the Quidditch pitch, students from all three schools. 

From where Harry was standing, under the tent, it was clear to say there were 4 significant groups of students in the stands. One supporting himself, another supporting Potter, the last two students from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang. 

The champions were waiting for the clock to reach 7.45, for that would be the start of the entire show. He wasn't nervous. Most definitely not. This is easy stuff. It'd be fine. 

... Maybe he was.

But it wasn't because he was scared of dying, it was because of the fact that the Wizarding's World fate rests on his hand. If he does his part wrong, then the entire world would come crashing down. 

That was a bit of an exaggeration, but you get the point. 

"Psst Harry. Over here!" There was a hushed whisper from behind the tent, and when he turned around, he spotted a head of platinum-blonde. 

Harry took a scan around the world, making sure no one was watching him, as he ducked out of the tent and faced Draco. 

"What is it Draco? You know I'm supposed to be in the tent and-" 

Draco ignored him and instead slinging an arm over the raven's shoulders. (in a broly manner)

"I just want to wish you luck Harry. You're my best friend after all, I'd be upset if you didn't win." Draco joked around, but Harry could tell that he was being sincere. 

Harry smiled slightly, "Thanks Draco. You better be cheering for me when I get the cup." 

"You know I will."

Just then, the ever-familiar voice of Fudge echoed around the pitch, signaling the start of the final event. Draco gave Harry a last pat on the back, before disappearing into the mass of students in the stands.

And with that Harry entered the tent again, this time, everyone was standing up shuffling from one feet to another. Their wands were placed in their holsters, shoulders stiff from nerves. 

"Are you all ready?" Fudge asked, taking away his wand from the throat for a moment of privacy.

Viktor grimaced himself, before nodding. Potter, meanwhile, stood there, face pale, as her fingers gripped her holster tightly.  Although she act all powerful, there's no denying that she was still human (a cruel one but nonetheless human), and that she was scared.

Fudge turned around, stepping out of the tent, a gesture for the contestants to follow him outside. And they did. 

Stepping out of the tent brought out a huge round of applause from the audience, everyone from the first years to adults who have long graduated from Hogwarts standing up and cheering. Harry can't feel a bit nervous at the amount of eyes staring down at the five of them.

He silently wondered how many Death Eaters were hidden in the crowd.

"Ladies and Gentlemen! The third and final task of the tournament is about to begin! Without further ado, let me remind everyone how this is going to work." Fudge said into his wand, collecting everyone's scattered attention to him.

"In first place, we have Mr. Harry Lupin-Black in first place. Second we have Monsieur Viktor Krum, and in third place we have the one and only girl who lived, Miss Evelyn Potter. In fourth we have Madame Fleur Delacour, but not to fret! The points no longer matter in this final task. Whoever would be the first to touch the Triwizard Cup officially wins the entire tournament! Now is everyone ready?"

A large tsunami of screams and shouts came crashing on them. Fudge motioned for Harry to take his place at the starting line, since he has the highest amount of points, thus he gets to go first.

With that being said, he gripped his wand and waited for the signal for him to start running to go off. As soon as he saw sparks of lights explode out of Fudge's wand he took off, not turning back to look at the contestants whatsoever. 

The maze was dark, that he had to use 'lumos' in order to see five foot in front of him. Soon all he could see was green, green hedges surrounding him and a pathway with many dirt tracks around. Harry slowed down, knowing there has to be a monster here. 

And sure enough there was.  A large, no giant, scorpion was waiting there for him. The scorpion was as long as 2 wizard brooms put together. 

A quick 'reducto' and 'incendio' was enough for Harry to get past it. He was certain that if it was anyone else they'd be stuck here fighting this thing for 5 minutes. Speaking of the other contestants, he wondered whether they already made their way into the maze just yet. He certainly hoped none of them would die. (including Potter but that's because he had worse plans for her)

Harry leaned against the hedges, letting the cool night wind blow gently against his face as he stared up at the moon, the carcass of the dead scorpion slowly crumbling into dust beneath his very feet. He shouldn't rush things, it would look weird if he somehow got to the cup but had to wait for Potter to arrive... because that was the plan.

He was certain that Barty Jr. was running around the outsides of the maze, using that magical eye of his he stole off of Moody to see through the hedges. Barty has an important role to play in this. His job was to make sure Potter gets to the cup safely and as quick as possible. 

Eventually, he decided to continue his trek to the cup as he could hear footsteps coming his way. He faced a few more enemies along the way, one being a real life Sphinx they transported all the way from Egypt to England. The riddle was simple, Rowena had given him riddles thrice as challenging as that at the age of 5.

Finally he arrived at the large clearing. The full moon shone brightly, causing the portkey to glow immensely under the moonlight. And just as he had expected, Potter came running into the clearing from another path, her robes tinged red from what must've been an unexpected run in with a few Blast-Ended Skrewts. 

Evelyn seemed to glance at the cup then at Harry, who stood there polishing his wands out of all things. "What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be running to the cup or something?" She asked, putting her wand back at her holster, believing that it was safe enough to keep her wand.

How sorely mistaken she was. But Harry didn't want to spoil her fun. 

With the two sharing a quick eye contact, they both ran towards the cup, hands reaching infront of them to grab the cup. 

Just as Harry's fingers wrapped around the cold metal, darkness enveloped him.

He smiled.