71

Harry walked down the hallway of the Ministry of Magic, heading towards the Minister's office. It had been a hectic few weeks, with the dealing of removing all scum from the Wizarding World.

And by scum he meant Potter. Both Potters. And Dumbledore. And of course Cornelius Fudge. 

It wasn't exactly an easy process. The first thing they did was exposing the Potters', Dumbledore, and the past Minister embezzlement of funds. Funds that were supposed to be spent on the Hogwarts' staff salaries, funds that were supposed to be spent on the Ministry. Needless to say, the public was estranged to hear that, and immediately started a riot, protesting to remove Dumbledore, Potter, and Fudge from the Ministry.

Dumbledore was stripped off of his titles, including the Headmaster of Hogwarts. (Severus was now in charge of Hogwarts, until the academic year ends that is. Over the summer holiday, the teachers will be holding a vote, deciding which of them would be the best to take over the role of Head of Hogwarts.)

Fudge was knocked off of his throne, kicked out of the office. Legit. The security at the Ministry would not let this man even breathe the air in the Ministry. He would be kicked out barely a second later.

Both Potters have decided to retreat into their mansion for now, ashamed to even show their faces to public. Hordes of reporters have taken upon the job of getting answers, hanging around the mansion. 

It was hectic. Full on chaos. Everyone was rioting, everyone was protesting. 

"Harry! Can we talk with you for a while?" 

A random reporter rushed up to Harry, he was clearly struggling to catch up with Harry's strides. Harry slowed down, taking pity on the other. 

"I'm sorry, I'm kind of busy right now. Maybe some other time?" Harry suggested, desperate to get away from the reporter. The reporter seemed to not get the hint, instead getting closer to Harry, pushing his wand to the younger's throat. 

Harry sighed, this wasn't how he was planning to spend his morning. He just wanted to go and talk with Tom, settling trials for Dumbledore, Fudge, and Potter. Then he could maybe, just maybe, go back to Hogwarts to talk, make things clear with Daphne Greengrass. Maybe she could accept him. Forgive him.

"Look sir. I am busy right now, and as much as I'd like to drag this conversation, I have much more important things to do than to waste my time talking to you." Harry finally gritted out, pushing the reporter away. The reporter was left in the hallway, as Harry reached the end of the corridor, entering the office.

Tom was sitting there, legs propped up on the table, eyes glancing uninterestedly over the pile of documents. Tom had taken upon the role of becoming the Minister, as there was no one else suitable for this job. (It was also the entire plan, making Tom the minister.)

Harry sat on the empty chair placed conveniently in front of the desk, scowling at the messiness of the table. 

"Finally, I thought you'd gotten lost here." Tom stretched out, arms stretched out behind him. 

Harry shook his head, picking up one of the documents. It read 'Trial Registration'. Heh, so it seems Tom was filling up some forms to schedule the trials. "A stupid reporter got in my way. I had to turn him down."

"Let me guess, passive-aggressively?"

Harry could only give a disinterested hum, making sure to avoid eye contact with Tom. "What can I do to help?" 

Tom leaned back, "Nothing much actually. I just called you here to tell you the Potters' trial had been scheduled. I think you'd like to know that. It's happening tomorrow at 10. In Court 3." 

The raven let out a grin.

~

Daphne stood in front of the Slytherin balcony, gazing over the fields of Hogwarts. The soft breeze was nice, a chilly contrast to the previously hot days.

She had been spending a long time thinking about the past few weeks. About her relationship with Harry basically. To put it simply, she missed Harry. A lot. 

Harry had been an important part of her life, and in the past weeks that he wasn't, Daphne truly felt empty. And so now, she was waiting for Harry to come back. She heard from Malfoy that he was in the Ministry and he should be back in any second now.

Speak of the devil and he shall appear.

The raven enter the common room, taking in the emptiness of the place. It seemed that everyone else was out, either playing Quidditch, studying in the library, or simply lounging around the castle. He noticed Daphne standing, facing towards the grounds. 

Taking in a deep breath, Harry gathered up the courage and walked towards her. 

Either Daphne really did not notice him, or she pretended not to, or she noticed but didn't want to say anything, but the two stood next to each other in silence. It wasn't exactly an awkward silence, more comfortable, yet if someone was there, they could clearly feel the tension.

"I'm sorry-" Harry started, not being able to take the guilt eating him.

However, Daphne stopped him immediately, cutting him off from whatever he wanted to say. "No, its not your fault. If anything, it should be mine."

Harry opened his mouth as to wanting to protest, yet Daphne brought a finger up to his mouth. 

"Let me talk first. I was being stubborn, and I wanted to know more. I was just worried about you, I thought you were in danger." 

"I get it Daphne. I should've told you exactly what happened before things got out of hand. And really, what happened before stays in the past. We can't change it, so why don't we just forget about the I'm sorries and move on." 

The two stayed silent for quite a while. 

"I missed you, you know. When you disappeared." Daphne confessed, voice barely louder than a whisper. 

Honestly, Harry was shocked to hear those words coming out from Daphne's mouth. Daphne Greengrass, the person who barely smiled at people, was confessing something as deep as this? That was new.

"I missed you too, Daphne. And really I'm sorry."

Daphne frowned at the 'I'm sorry', "I thought the apologies were already over, were they not?" 

Harry laughed, a real laugh. A laugh that he haven't let out in so long. Daphne smiled at that, before pulling Harry closer by his Slytherin green and silver tie. 

The man gulped at the close proximity between the two, unable to take his eyes off of Daphne's. Without even thinking, Harry leaned closer, and felt the warmth of Daphne's lips on his. It was pleasantly nice, relaxing even. Daphne pulled away only to give Harry a slight smile before closing the gap again.

From the staircase of the dorm, there were loud cheering, coming from Draco, Theo, and Blaise. The love-birds pulled away embarrassed of being found out, before laughing along with the three. 

Man, it felt good to be back home.