59

The champions were gathered in a small tent, where all 4 competitors sat scattered around the room. 

Potter sat off to the side, talking intently with Rita Skeeter, a news reporter from the Daily Prophet whose sole job is to ruin people's lives. Unfortunately with Potter, it was the complete opposite.

Fleur sat on the other side of the tent, blonde hair tied up in a neat ponytail, rereading a book on spells that might serve her useful for the tournament. Viktor sat by near her, but instead of reading like his silent companion, he was busy fretting over his wand. 

Harry was same like Fleur, far far away from any sort of human being, instead deciding to find solace in a book. But not your usual type of book. A diary. A strange choice for a competitor about to be competing in the famous Triwizard  tournament to be writing down his feelings in a book.

But the diary was not just a diary. It was a form of communication between two people, one being himself and the other a certain powerful 'Dark Lord'. 

The said 'Dark Lord' was busy sending cheerful messages in means to encourage the competitor. Needless to say, if anyone saw the messages the Dark Lord had sent, no one would believe it was the madman who have wrecked havoc in the wizarding world just over a decade ago.

The door to the tent opened, and in entered Ludo Bagman, and Crouch, the former carrying a small pocket bag. 

"Good morning contestants, today is the first task! I expect you all have trained well enough?" Bagman asked enthusiastically. 

The people in question shook their head slowly in acknowledgement before turning back to their respective things they were doing before being... rudely interrupted.

Ludo's face turned red at the response, or rather lack of response. Crouch, who seemed to notice the way his ear's turned pink in embarrassment, coughed out loud, attracting the attention of the competitors. 

"Now that we've got everyone's attention, it's time to fill you in. This pouch," Ludo explained as Crouch pulled out a silk purple little pouch from behind him, "holds the creatures that you all will face. Your task, will be to collect the golden egg from the creature."

Crouch began to pass around the pouch, with tiny growls and hisses coming from inside. Potter, Harry laughed silently, turned at least two shades paler at the sound. The silk bag was first handed towards Fleur, who tossed her blonde hair back, and reached confidently into the bag. She pulled out her hand after a few seconds of choosing, revealing a small statue, with a number 1 tied upon it. And as most wizarding statues are, the statue began to roar at Fleur's delicate hands. With closer inspection, Harry could see that it is an exact replica of the Welsh Green. 

Even though her hands shook, Fleur's face still remain as stoic as ever. It was Krum's turn next. He took a while longer than Fleur to choose the statue, before eventually pulling out a Chinese Fireball with a number 2.

Potter was next and her hands shook even more than Fleur's although she was obviously trying to hide the fear. A Swedish-Short Snout, number 3. 

That left Harry with the Hungarian Horntail, the 4th contestant to compete. His mind silently reminded him that the Horntail was the most dangerous one. But Harry ignored it. 

He could do it, as long as he remembered the tips and tricks Tom had taught him. Maybe they were illegal, maybe they weren't.  

Hundreds of footsteps passed by the tent as the students of the school began to make their way to the arena, to watch the first task take place. 

Ludo beckoned Fleur to the entrance of the tent which served as the exit as well. Fleur, with shaky arms, grabbed her wand tighter in her palm, before giving the rest of the competitors a nod. 

With that, Fleur made her way out of the tent and towards the dragon.

~

Time passed by in a blur, and soon it was Krum's turn. Crouch and Bagman had long left the tent, leaving Harry and Potter alone in the tent together. It was definitely not a wise choice, as the chaos the two could cause was huge. 

It was Potter who first decided to break the silence between them, by snatching the diary  from Harry's grasp. 

"Oh look what I have here. A diary where the oh-so-famous Harry Lupin Black write down his secrets?" Potter flipped through the pages as if expecting a page full of Harry's thoughts like what a normal person's diary would be filled with.

Potter continued to flip through the book, eyebrow furrowing in annoyance at the lack of ink. 

Again she continued to search, but to no avail. 

"Why keep a diary with you when there's nothing written on it?" Potter scoffed, throwing the book at Harry's face, which he neatly caught without any warning. 

Harry's lack of response seemed to infuriate Potter more than the lack of words in the book. 

"I wonder if you know that the dragon you would be facing is the most dangerous one of the lot."

"Mhm..." Harry said without really paying attention, deciding to divert his attention to the neatly written words on the diary that have appeared. 

"Oi! Are you even listening to me?"

"No not really." The response was short and quick. 

"What did you just say to me?? I'll have you know that I am the saviour of the Wizarding World, the one who beat You-Know-Who." Potter protested.

"Voldemort."

With that one single word, Potter's face turned pale, paler than she was before when she picked out her opponent. 

Harry laughed. Of course, the people of the Light would definitely be afraid of a mere name.

"You can't even say his name, then how do you expect for you to beat him again?" 

"Beat him again? Beat who again?" 

Evelyn looked completely surprised and scared. Dumbledore must've never told her about Tom's horcruxes then. 

Harry shook his head, ending his conversation with her just like that. Tom would be pleased with the fact that his secrets remain unknown to the Light Side.

Ludo luckily came back into the tent just in time to call Potter out before the two could get into a physical fight. 

"Oh yeah, Potter. Quick word of advice for you?"

Potter looked back to stare at Harry. 

"Maybe next time, stop snatching things that do not belong to you. That'll be your downfall one day. I can assure you that."