32

<3rd POV>

Severus stepped out of the floo, dusting the ashes and dust of his robes. He looked around the empty living room and tilted his head to his side in confusion. It was too strange for the manor to be empty like this. He walked around the what-seems-to-be empty manor, but soon heard soft voices coming from Tom's office.

He knocked on the door, and heard the scraping of chairs and rustling of papers. Severus heard a few strings of muttered curses before the door opened. 

A grouchy and grumpy looking Tom stood in the doorway, eyes widening at Severus.

Severus grinned at the messed up hair that Tom had. 

"Tom.. what happened?" Severus asked, hiding his laughter.

"I- Rosaline's a complete pain sometimes." Tom groaned, allowing Severus to walk into the room. 

"I take it it was your turn to babysit her last night?" 

"Yes. She didn't sleep until midnight." Tom grumbled, pouring a glass of firewhisky for himself before handing another glass to Severus, which he declined.

"Where is everyone?" 

"Malfoys and Black-Lupins are out at Diagon Alley, Harry's down in the lab." 

Severus quickly excused himself and made his way down to the lab. There he noticed the door was locked. Severus quickly knocked on the door. 

He waited several minutes for Harry to open the door. Once he did though, Harry opened the door with his hair a complete mess due to the fumes and smokes. 

"What do you want?" Harry said tiredly, rubbing his eyes. His eyes luckily, did not have the horrible Potter eye-sight, thus he does not need eye glasses.

"Mr. Lupin-Black! Have you slept at all?" Severus asked concern for his favorite student. Harry was definitely not looking good. He was pale. Paler than usual. So pale that he could pass of as a vampire. He had black eye bags around his sparkling green eyes. 

"Sleep? I think so... 2 nights ago..." Harry yawned, leaning against the doorframe. 

Severus shook his head as he reached into his bag, taking out a letter. 

"Your mastery exam date had been scheduled. It will take place at the Ministry of Magic on 3rd of August, 10 am sharp." 

Harry's head snapped up as he heard the shocking piece of news.

"Th-that's like a month!" 

Severus grabbed Harry's arm and dragged him to Harry's room. Severus grabbed a vial filled with blue potion from the cupboard and handed it to Harry. Harry stared at his potions teacher in confusion as he fingered the vial.

"Dreamless sleep potion?" 

Severus just gave Harry a look, that says 'drink this or I'll force it down your mouth'. Harry gulped at the feral smile on Severus face and quickly drink it before collapsing on his bed. The potion master quickly turned off the lights and slipped out of the door.  

~

Chatters and laughter could be heard from the first floor, as Severus was sitting with Tom in his office, discussing ways to break out the Death Eaters in Azkaban. The door opened and Lucius entered in with his pureblood grace. 

"Had fun?" Tom asked without looking up from the scrolls of parchment.

Severus, who was sitting in a green armchair in front of the table, rolled his eyes as Lucius took a seat beside him. 

"We don't have time for this. We need to take the death eaters out of Azkaban. We just need a time and a distraction." The potions master cut in before Lucius could open his mouth.

"Right, I was thinking we do it on the 25th July. I heard from the Potters who were boasting it in Diagon Alley a while ago, that they were inviting many of the magical community to their house for a ... pre-birthday party. The Aurors will most likely also be invited..." Lucius started, leaning forward in his chair.

"Leaving Azkaban unguarded. Very good idea Lucius, now we just need the distraction." Tom completed Lucius' sentence, scribbling on the parchment.

"I have an idea for that." A new voice piped up from the door. Harry leaned against the doorframe, eyes focused on his fingernails. 

"Wh- You're supposed to be sleeping!" Severus accused at the lone figure. 

"I'm done with sleeping." Harry commented before sliding into the room. 

"What's your plan for the idea then?" Tom inquired.

"I had made an alliance with the resident prankers of Hogwarts. The Weasley twins. I learnt recently that they are willing to work with me. They are what you call it... dark." Harry shared the letter that Fred and George sent him nearly a week ago.

Tom nodded as he read the letter.

"Well. The plan's set. We are going to infiltrate Azkaban on the 25th July. Ask the twins if they can come here." 

A/N: MERRY CHRISTMAS! WISHING YOU ALL A HAPPY HOLIDAY AND HAPPY NEW YEAR. In other words, stay safe, wear masks, wash your hands, keep calm and carry on! Btw, thank you for freaking 2.6k votes! Wow!!! Love you all! The chapter's a bit short, but the next one will be longer! Merry christmass