29

<3rd POV>

Severus waited impatiently for his ex childhood best friend to appear. The letter from Lily really shocked him, but what shocked him the most was the way she signed it. Liliana Evans? She haven't used the Evans name ever since she married... Potter. At first he didn't want to go, but after Harry telling him to give Lily a chance, he had no choice but to wait for Lily at the three broomsticks. 

He tapped his foot on the ground. His table was in the corner, far from prying eyes and ears, but he still made sure to put up several privacy charms to prevent eavesdroppers. To tell the truth, Severus felt guilty for calling Lily a 'Mudblood' during his 6th year. He sighed as he cast a Tempus. 3.00 sharp. 

At that moment, the door to the three broomsticks, and a woman wearing a black cloak hurried her way to Severus table. As soon as she sat down, she took off her hood, revealing her auburn red hair. Her green eyes were dim, and were filled with sadness and embarrassment. Lily hadn't slept at all after realizing that her husband was drugging her. 

"Severus..." Lily started but before she could continue, Severus raised his hand. Lily raised an eyebrow as she closed her mouth.

"Lily, I want - need to apologize about the 'Mudblood' incident when we were in our 6th year." 

Lily was shocked before she let out a melodic laugh that Severus had fallen in love with. 

"Oh Severus! I had already forgiven you about that a long long time ago. I'm the one who need to apologize. It appears that I had been a victim of the Imperious curse." Lily stated, making eye contact with Severus to show that she is telling the truth.

A small smile graced the man's features. He quickly ordered 2 cups of coffee for him and Lily. 

"Honestly Lily, if it wasn't for Harry, I wouldn't be here."

Lily's eyes lit up with happiness as she stared into Severus's black obsidian eyes. 

"Harry is a wonderful child isn't he?" 

"I wouldn't say that he is a child, as he acts more mature than Sirius, Remus, and... Potter." Severus spat out the name before looking at Lily's facial expression. To his shock, Lily was actually trying not to laugh.

"You never let go of the grudge? Really Severus, I would've thought that you would at least be mature enough to let go of a petty school rivalry." Lily teased. The joke warmed Severus heart, as it had been too long to see his friend laughing and acting carefree. She hadn't done that ever since she married Potter. 

Severus huffed. "Well, it's more than that. But really Harry is more like a teenager, probably more mature than any of the first years or even seventh year. He really is brilliant." 

Lily's eyes shone with pride and admiration before she quickly squash down the thought. She IS proud of Harry, even though she did not treat him well enough to call him son. She feels guilty for not defending Harry on that faithful night when she handed him to Dumbledore.

"So what are you going to do with Potter?" Severus drawl threw Lily out of her musing.

"Well, I divorced him yesterday. I immediately filed the documents after Harry told me about the imperius curse. He didn't leave me a knut, and is also filing custody rights for me not able to see Evelyn. I have some money, no house though..." Lily thought out loud.

"Stay with me." 

Lily had the audacity to look shocked.

"What? Come on Lily, Prince Manor is huge for both of us. Or even more. Plus, you can the rest of the summer to reconcile with Harry. As for Evelyn, I think she is growing up to be a female version of Potter." Severus said.