70

"Do you think the plan's going well?" Sirius asked under his breath to his fated, making sure to stay as quiet as possible. It was a risky move, asking Remus about the plan right out in public. But the only thing on his mind was the worry for his son. 

Sure, they, meaning him, Remus, and Tom, had spent ages making sure the plan works well with no one getting hurt. But plan's don't always go to plan. 

Rosaline shifted in her father's grip, looking around curiously at the view. Remus had brought her out, after finally giving in to Sirius's never ending whining. The werewolf shouldn't had given in to Sirius whine, as he knew he'd be the one who will be taking care of her throughout the entire night.

And indeed, it happened. 

Remus simply shrugged in response to Sirius's question, eyes locked onto the slowly gathering group of people around Dumbledore. What used to be just Dumbledore, Potter Senior and Fudge was slowly increasing in numbers, a whole group of reporters enclosing around them. 

"A part of me says that its going great, but we can't be too sure." Remus finally settled on a reply. 

Sirius nodded, accepting that response, staring up at the night sky full of stars. He only wished that their plan would work. 

Remus proceeded to drag Sirius and their daughter to the stands filled with students who came out to watch the final task. Just as they approached the first row of the stands, a familiar blonde hair caught their eyes. 

Daphne was leaning against the railing, clearly trying to spot Harry amongst the hedges. Right, Harry didn't tell Daphne about the plan. Apparently they had a falling out before Harry could. Sirius gave Remus a look, to which the werewolf could only sigh, clearly tired with his husband's antics. 

"Don't be too cruel to her." Remus whispered in Sirius's ear, before bring Rosaline with him to the higher seats.

Sirius straightened his back and made his way to Daphne Greengrass, making sure to dodge any student blocking his way. Eventually he did, and luckily, there was an empty spot next to her. 

"Professor Black, as much as I tolerate your presence in class, what are you doing here?" Daphne's tone was flat and sharp, causing Sirius to fake gasp in hurt. Typical Sirius Black behavior. 

"So harsh Ms. Greengrass. And here I was, trying to be a good teacher and making sure you're doing all right." 

Greengrass rolled her blue eyes, before collapsing back onto her own seat next to Sirius. "For real though, what are you doing here? Or better yet, what are you doing here with me?" 

"I just wanted to make sure things are going well with you and Harry. I heard from a little birdie that you and him got into a sort of lover's quarrel." 

It wasn't a little birdie. Sort of. It was one of the Hogwarts's resident ghosts, who just love to gossip. Sirius just happened to be there when the ghost was recounting the argument to other ghosts. 

You can never truly keep a secret in Hogwarts. Sooner or later, the truth would be found out by the grapevine of gossip.

Daphne's mood soured, her lips turning into a scowl. The professor wasn't lying when he said the air around them dropped a few temperatures. 

"It's fine. It's just an argument." She denied, turning her head away from Sirius.

He snorted, earning a look from Daphne, before schooling his expression. "Right, right. I'm sorry. It's just that when it comes to Harry, it's never just an argument. That fool will take it to heart and dwell on it for too long. I can tell it's the same for you as well."

The two fell into silence, the only thing filling up the silence were the confused chatter coming from the other students. 

"Not to mention the fact that Harry is officially repressed when it came to feelings. He doesn't understand love unless you shove it straight to his face." Sirius continued, thinking of the times when Harry would shy away whenever he wanted to shower the kid with affection.

And just like that, Daphne's mouth curled up, no longer a scowl. "That does sound like Harry doesn't it."

"That's just how he is. It's best if you talk to him as soon as this task is over. He'll need it." Sirius advised, giving Daphne a light pat in her shoulder before standing up. Daphne seemed to be lost in her head, thinking about the things that Sirius had said. 

Sirius soon found himself standing right next to Remus, spilling everything that had happened moments ago to his exasperated husband.

"You sure do love meddling with the kid's lives don't you."

~

A shout came from below the pitch, causing everyone to quickly scramble to the metal railing to get a closer look at the commotion. In the midst of the crowd of people, two noticeable figure appeared from the white fog which covered the entire arena. 

Tom and Harry stood there, both carrying rather terrifying expressions to the outsider. Behind the two of them was the crumpled form of Evelyn Potter, blood caking her face, which seemed to come from a broken nose.

"Halt! Who are you?" Dumbledore shouted, pointing his wand at Tom. 

Tom laughed, a sinister laugh. "I can't believe you forgot me, although it had been a decade and a few years ago since we last met in person."

Dumbledore's face seemed to pale when he heard the familiar voice. His eyes widened, and his mouth fell open. "No way... Voldemort?" 

"Tom actually. Tom Marvolo Riddle. Not Voldemort." Harry interjected, loving to add fuel to the fire.

Everyone seemed to suck in their breaths, after hearing the name of 'Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named". Potter senior rushed towards his daughter, making sure she is still alive. After realizing she is indeed still breathing, he let out a huge breath, before rushing towards Tom, wand raised pointing at him.

"James, I wouldn't advise you to do that..." Dumbledore tried to warn feebly, but Potter didn't listen. 

Tom scoffed, turning his head away from the pathetic excuse of Potter, instead choosing to turn towards the audience. 

"Indeed everyone. I am Tom Marvolo Riddle, or as you all would know me as Voldemort. Today I am glad to announce my rebirth, and along with that, exposing the crimes the supposed 'good' side had been doing behind your back. Trust me, it's a long list."

One more chapter darlings