54

Draco stalked through the hallway of the dungeons, silver blonde hair shining rather brightly against the dim lighting of the candles that lined the cold stone walls. His signature glare scared off any wandering first years who dared to go near him. 

Draco Malfoy, known all around the school for being the Ice Prince, along with Daphne as the Ice Queen. When he first heard about his new title, he disagreed. He might seem 'cold' to others, but Harry was definitely more 'Ice Prince' material.

Harry Lupin-Black. An enigma to everyone in Hogwarts and to Draco himself. Even being friends with the raven for 4 years, he still managed to surprise Draco at every single corner. 

Like just yesterday, Harry just transfigured a table into a chair. Simple right? Yep, it is. Unless you considered the fact that he did it without his wand. For Merlin's sake, even Dumbledore couldn't do it that easily.

Even after learning about Harry's past, *cough* Hogwarts founders *cough*, blondie still couldn't wrap his mind around the fact that Harry is technically considered royalty in the wizarding world. Being the heir of basically all 5 important people.

Draco was pulled out of his thoughts when he heard a crash somewhere in the depths of the dungeons. Without hesitating, he pulled out his wand from his pockets. A small voice whispered in his brain that magic was prohibited in the corridors but he ignored it.

"Merlin Draco, you scared me." Alec shouted, dropping his books on the cold dungeon floor. "Ah damn it, I have to organize it again." 

The blonde stood there, completely frozen and out of his mind. For a quick second Alec thought that he had killed Draco.

"Draco? Malfoy?" Alec questioned, waving his arms in front of Draco's not responding eyes.

"Merlin Alec, I thought it was an intruder or something." Draco finally replied, visibly relaxing as the tension on his shoulders melted away.

Alec laughed at that before the books that was on the floor a while ago floated and arranged itself into a neat and tidy stack on the floor. "Give me a hand will ya?" His Australian accent was strong as he passed half of the books to an unsuspecting Draco.

The two of them walked in comfortable silence as they made their way back to the Slytherin common room. 

Once reaching the entrance, Alec suddenly turned to face Draco. Now, Draco is a Malfoy. And Malfoys don't get nervous. Ever. Well, maybe except Draco. 

"Who'd you think will become the Hogwarts champion?" 

He subtly let out a deep sigh. Luckily it wasn't anything that personal. Harry might've teased Draco for having a crush on Alec, but there was no denying the ever so slowly yet steady growing feelings.

"Hogwarts champion? Oh I don't know. Probably... Diggory from Hufflepuff. He is 17 this year right?" Draco asked, completely distracted by the swaying books threatening to fall down. 

Alec nodded, before saying the password (Basilisk) and watched as the door opened to reveal the recognizable common room. A blazing fire flickered in the stone fireplace, lightening up the chairs scattered around the room. 

"Harry! I got your books." Alec dropped the books he was carrying onto a table next to an armchair occupied by its usual occupant. 

Draco followed his lead before collapsing on another chair. 

"Thank you Alec." Harry didn't look up from his reading the entire time.

"No worries Harry, but what's up with all this books? About the Triwizard Tournament." 

Draco has been friends with Harry for four years, and even though there is a lot of things he don't know about the ex Potter, there are some things he had picked up from the younger.

For an example, the way Harry's mouth curved upwards in a smirk. When that happens, you know that he's planning something. Something good or bad-? Well, that's up to the situation.

In this case, Draco thinks it must be something good.

Harry cleared his throat. "There are... several things that our oh-so-lovely Dumbledoor forgot to mention during dinner last night. One of these important things is the fact that not only 17 years old can join. 17 years old in the wizarding world stands for adults. Get it so far?" 

Draco's mind began to whir, realizing the hidden meaning behind the sentences.

"Wait so you mean-"

"Adults can join the Triwizard Tournament. Not only does adults stand for 17 years old..." 

"But a lord could also join regardless their age as they are considered an adult." Draco finished, astonished at the loopholes found in the rules. 

"Exactly, and that's why I'm reading this up, because I'm participating." Harry gestured to the mountain of books stacked next to him.

Alec was not fairing well. "Wait you mean- You're participating in the tournament? It's crazy dangerous."

"Don't worry about him, he always manage to find himself in trouble whether or not it's on purpose." A new voice entered their conversation.

Draco turned around to find the source of the voice, and saw the familiar long blonde hair of Daphne Greengrass standing next to the stack of books.

"What? You're going to just sit there and stare at me?" Daphne let out a sarcastic remark, and Draco finally realized why she is called the 'Ice Queen'. With a hurried shake of his head, he reached over to grab a book from the stack, with the title 'Dragons 101'. 

Alec leant against Draco's shoulder and laughed at the irony of the situation.

The blonde turned around to glare at Alec.

"What? You gotta admit- that is pretty funny. Considering your name is Draconis which means dragon in Latin..." 

Harry grinned at the irony as Draco let out a groan. 

A/N: Murder is illegal in my country so don't go hunting me down. I changed my username, so enjoy :>