10

As soon as Harry stepped off the train, he felt a sense of warmth and comfort. He could feel the magic radiating off the castle even though he couldn't see it yet. The magic was strong and welcoming. Spirits floated around Harry and whispered things too quiet to hear. Harry could see a huge man beyond the crowd of students. Harry told Draco, Blaise, and Pansy to hold on to his shoulder. With that they shifted over beside the huge man, away from the crowd. The huge man, whose name was Hagrid, was waving excitedly at Evelyn Potter. 

Harry's eyes focused on the little boats on the big lake. Marvin the squid was probably asleep or playing with the mermen and mermaids. He smiled as he remembered the day Ric took him across the lake with the little boats for the first time. The boats were enchanted to move as soon as everyone was settled down. Harry, Blaise, Draco, and Pansy sat on one of the boats. In fact the boat was the exact same one Ric took Harry across. Harry could feel that this boat was more special than the rest. He looked around as all the 1st year sat on their boats. The 2nd to 7th year students sat on carriages pulled by Thestrals. Harry found them interesting and not scary. Harry could see them as he witnessed Ric and Sal killed a man that was convicted of killing other people including muggles. 

The boats moved on slowly in the huge lake. Several mermaids and mermen came close to Harry's boat to say hi. Harry leaned across the boat and placed his hand in the cold water. He felt Marvin moving at the bottom, probably waving. "Ev'ry one! 'ook at the 'ogwarts!" Hagrid shouted. 

There were gasps of ooh and aah all around Harry. As soon as Harry caught sight of Hogwarts, all the stress and tension that had been building ever since he first met his parents washed away. To see her, standing in her glory and her beauty, her magic covering the entire area, made Harry's heart jumped and sing for joy. It was the best feeling in the world. 

Soon the boats came to a stop. The 1st years crowded around the Entrance Hall, and met Professor McGonagall, the Deputy Headmistress, Head of Gryffindor, and the Transfiguration teacher. Prof. McGonagall led them towards the Great Hall where they were going to be sorted. Harry nearly beamed as he saw that nothing has changed much, except it was older, more worn, and there were more paintings hanging from the walls. 

They were given a small speech before entering the Great Hall of Hogwarts basic and to prepare themselves. They then entered the Great Hall, and Harry immediately looked up at the ceiling, smiling when he saw his and Row's amazing spell and magic still works in place. All the 1st years were led in front of the Great Hall and watched Prof. Flitwick brought over a 3-legged stool and Julius! Julius the sorting hall burst into song, but it turned into white noise when Harry thought about his home. It was originally Helga who built Julius, because Ric never knew how to make good decisions. The 4 founders were incredible. Even a thousand years after they died, theiir magic stayed on without dying or fading away. 

Harry was jolted back to reality when a loud applause comes from around the room. Prof. McGonagall started explaining what to do and started listing down the names. Harry's eyes were drawn to the top table. A man with white hair and a long beard were staring at the ceremony. He had an aged face, half-moon spectacles and twinkling blue eyes. Harry clenched his fists as he stared at the great Albus Dumbledore. Harry tore his eyes away from him and continued on down the table, he spotted his parents in the right side of Dumbledore. A man in a purple turban. He looked at the other end of the table and his eyes widened slightly. His godfather, Sirius Black, was older than Harry remembered, but looked as handsome as he remembered. Beside him sat Uncle Remus. A scar in his left side of his face adds to his strong image. Harry wanted to run over to the 2 of them and hug them, but he shook that thought away. He just had to stay calm for a few hours. He could feel Jadeite slithering in excitement but didn't showed itself.