55

All students from the three different schools were gathered in the Great Hall, with a different atmosphere unlike what a normal school day would be. There was an air of excitement lingering around the students, and different voices overlapped one another.  

The Beauxbatons were sitting with the Ravenclaws as usual. Instead of the silent Ravenclaws, they fawned over a certain blonde person, who Harry assumed is a Veela, with the way everyone kept staring at her.

The Durmstrangs today were a quiet bunch, making small talk with the Slytherins next to them. Krum was the middle of attention, obviously.

And of course, we have the loudest of the 4 tables, Gryffindor, whose students shoveled food into their mouths, *cough cough Ronald Weasley cough*, and some other students were busy lecturing other students, *cough Hermione Granger*, and finally we have students who are too busy boasting about themselves (do I even have to explain?).

Harry, along with his friends, sat at the very end of the table, staring at the scene around him, his plate untouched.

Finally, after what felt like years since the dinner started, Dumbledore stood up, essentially silencing all conversations and noise in the Great Hall. 

"It has been a lovely dinner, but I'm pretty sure that you are all waiting anxiously in your seats for the main event," said Dumbledore. "Now, when I read the champions' names, please come up to the top of the hall, walk along the staff table, and go into the next chamber, where they will receive their first set of instructions for the first task."

Everyone shifted nervously in their seats, eyes locked onto the golden goblet spouting blue flames. The sparkling blue, almost white flames, lit up the entire hall, as the candles have been blown out previously. 

"For the champion of Beauxbatons, we have Fleur De'lacour." 

The suspected Veela made her way from the Ravenclaw and literally glided towards the staff table, where she shook hands with her principal and Ludo Bagman, one of the ministry representative who had organized the entire Triwizard Championship.

Dumbledore cleared his throat. "From Durmstrang, Mr. Viktor Krum."

Cheers erupted around the table, scratch that, the entire hall. Harry leaned over the side of the table to where Krum was sitting. 

"Congratulations Viktor." Harry congratulated the other, receiving a smile from the older.

"Now for the Hogwarts champion, I would like to inform you that Evelyn Potter will be the one participating and representing-"

What used to be cheers became protests as many students stood up and started complaining. The Gryffindors looked torn between congratulating the girl-who-lived while the other half looked livid. 

Evelyn stood up from her seat with a smug smile and headed towards the door leading to the chamber.

"What in Merlin's beard is happening? This is not listed in any of the rules." Alec ranted from beside Draco, with the blonde nodding along. 

Harry couldn't help but look bored as his surroundings erupted into chaos. After 4 years of living in Hogwarts with the idiotic Girl-Who-Lived, he was already sort-of expecting this to happen. But he still had something up his sleeves. The Goblet still hadn't said anything about Hogwarts, and it was Dumbledore who chose the Hogwarts champion. 

He still had a chance.

The noise died down as the goblet erupted into flames once more, its blue flames lighting up the dim room. A small piece of parchment flew out from the cup, letting Dumbledore to snatch that paper.

Looking at the way Dumbledore's face turned red, it was clear to say that he forgot about that important rule. The Goblet of Fire decides the champions.

"Hadrian Lupin-Black...?" 

Now that caused everyone to turn their heads to look at the yawning 4th year. The culprit blinked owlishly before glancing at everyone. 

"Why? What's up?" He whispered to Blaise, uncomfortable at the amount of eyes locked onto him.

Blaise looked between a mix of surprised and disappointed, as the phrase goes, 'Disappointed, but not surprised.' "Your name came out of the Goblet."

"Oh it did? I didn't expect that. Well, if you excuse me." Harry said to the Slytherins sitting right next to him, and walked down the row. 

Dumbledore's face was pale as Harry made his way down, while Severus leaned against his chair with a satisfied smirk. Of course Severus must have found out, nothing goes past him in the house of snakes.

"What are you doing here? Do they need us to go somewhere?" Fleur asked, glad for someone to finally lower the tension in the chamber.

Harry shook his head before leaning against the cold stone wall, scanning the surroundings. The chamber was dimly lit, just about the same amount of light as the Great Hall. There were bookshelves filled to the brim with several books, a certain book catching his eye. Guess he has a new mission now. Moving away from the bookshelves, a fireplace was lit with a crackling red flame. A house elf must've popped by before the announcement of the champions.

Evelyn cleared her throat from where she stood, obviously uncomfortable with the lack of attention. "Excuse me, I'm Evelyn Potter. You're Viktor Krum right? I'm sure we'll get along well." 

Viktor turned around in surprise, "What? Why would we get along well?"

"Don't you get it? I'm the Girl-Who-Lived, you're a famous seeker, we would obviously get along well."

After receiving the confused look from the famous seeker, she burned red. "I mean, when we'll both be famous! Won't that be nice?"

"I think, that you need to know when to stop talking." Harry said casually, helping Viktor.

Before Potter could think of a dumb retort, the door to the chamber opened, and cue Dumbledore's horrible blue robes to sweep into the room. Harry wondered whether this old coot has any other outfits other than... colorful robes.

"Now we have all three champions--"

"4 actually Albus." Alastor Moody interrupted, earning several respected stares from the other teachers.

"You're forgetting Mr. Lupin-Black." Prof. McGonagall reminded. 

"Ah, right. 4 champions.  But unfortunately since the Triwizard tournament only needs 3 champions... I'm afraid that Mr. Lupin-Black should not participate, as he is still 14, and most probably cheated in putting in his name."

Harry sighed, he knew something like this would happen. Dumbledore would just make an excuse in not letting him participate. 

"If we're using the logic that only students of age could join, then doesn't that mean Potter can't participate as well?? I see no reason as to why she could be able to join, but not me. Also, I am considered an adult legally, being the lord to several different houses after all." Harry explained as calmly as possible.

Dumbledore was stunned, stuttering random nonsense. 

"Excuse you? You're so rude you know. Maybe you should learn some-" Evelyn started, her mouth open wide as she ranted thousands of words. She could be a rapper.

"Shut up. Now, if there's nothing else to argue about, I'd like it if we all get our instructions." Harry cut her off.

Ludo Bagman, one of the representatives from the Ministry cleared his throat. "Right let's get started then..."

A/N: Exams are coming up next week, so I had less time to write.

Not related to HP universe in any way, but I just finished Shang-Chi and damn. It was amazing.