44

As the weather got better, the mood in the castle got worse. Students were getting more and more worried. Not to mention the fact that McGonagall had announced that they were still having exams. At least there was a good side to this, Dumbledore was sacked as headmaster. 

The sudden news of exams caused a huge frenzy in Hogwarts, less students were going out in the Quidditch pitch. Enter the library, and you could see students pouring over the huge stacks of books, the only noise would be the flipping of pages, as they rushed to find the information needed, and the scratching of quill on the parchment.

Three days before the start of the first exam, everyone was in the great hall for breakfast when McGonagall announced important news.

"I have good news," she said, and the Hall erupted into cheers. 

"Dumbledore's coming back!" several people yelled joyfully, earning snickers from the Slytherin table, from Alec and Draco specifically. 

"You've caught the Heir of Slytherin!" squealed someone from the Ravenclaw table.

"Quidditch matches are back on!" roared Wood excitedly. Harry looked bored, as he had a clear understanding on the 'good news'.

"Professor Sprout has informed me that the Mandrakes are ready for cutting at last. Tonight, we will be able to revive those people who have been Petrified. I need hardly remind you all that one of them may well be able to tell us who, or what, attacked them. I am hopeful that thisdreadful year will end with our catching the culprit." 

Many people start cheering. Even the resident Hogwarts ghost were smiling gleefully. Harry could feel the eyes from the Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, and Gryffindor, drilling into the back of his head. He ignored it, and continued spreading butter on his toast. 

"Look at Potter and Weasley." Blaise nudged Harry, making him look up towards the Gryffindor table.

There was a new addition to the duo, ever since Granger got petrified, the duo had been quite sullen and kept together. But this addition was new, Ginny Weasley, was sitting in between the two of them. 

Apparently the three were discussing something. But before Harry could lip read what she was going to say, a certain Percy Weasley blocked the view. 

He growled under his breath stabbing the piece of scrambled eggs with his fork, silently cursing the older Weasley.

Daphne stared at him in confusion, before shrugging and focusing on her talk with Pansy about the newest edition of Witch Weekly.

Meanwhile in the raven haired brain, thoughts were busy colliding with one another. He tried to organize them, but it seem like there was something that was missing from the puzzle. Occlumency wasn't working. Harry dropped his fork on the plate as he finally understood. 

The chamber... Weasley... the black diary... 

Without warning, he jumped out of his seat before rushing out of the Great Hall. Luckily, the rest of the school were busy with their own breakfast, leaving only his small tight knit group of Slytherins to look up in confusion. 

~

Harry ignored everything around him as he shadow travelled over to the Chamber of Secrets. If his calculations and predictions were correct, Ginny Weasley would travel to the chamber after being possessed by the fake horcrux. 

And then Potter and Weasley would travel down.. as long as the two don't mess it up. But what about the problem with Parseltounge. 

He halted in his steps before turning on his heels and rushing towards the abandoned girl's bathroom. 

Standing in front of the special sink, Harry took out his book that he had borrowed (read 'stolen') from the library forbidden section. Taking that book was definitely not an easy feat, nearly getting exposed in the middle of the night due to screaming books. Lucky, he silenced them before they could attract unwanted attention.

Flipping the old pages as quick as he could without tearing them into pieces, he found the spell he was going to use. The spell was going to open the entrance to the Chamber of Secrets when Potter gets into a 5 meter radius. 

Once Harry was pleased with the result, he climbed back down towards the Chamber of Secrets, making sure that the place looked 'abandoned', or at least, not suitable for living. (But of course, Harry knew that he could sleep on the floor of the Chamber without a speck of dust on him). 

He knew that the rest of his classmates would be busy worrying over him, so he opened a mental link with Daphne. 

Daphne can you do me a favor?

Merlin beard Harry! You shocked me.

Harry could hear the pout coming from Daphne as he chuckled silently.

Can you please make an excuse for me not coming to class? 

... 

Daphne? You still there?

You mean lie for you?

I guess yeah. Can you please? 

Fine. But you owe me later.

Whatever you want Daphne. 

He immediately regretted saying that as he waited for Daphne's response, only to realize that she won't be answering in the present time. He closed the link before crumpling a piece of used parchment he found on his desk and threw it aside. 

His eyes lingered a little bit too long on the picture frame he had placed on the desk on the end of his 1st year. He and his little group of friends were gathered under the giant oak tree at the edge of the castle grounds. Exams had just finished back then, and they were hanging out with each other.

Harry casted a tempus. Still 9 am. He decided that since Weaslette wouldn't becoming for another hour or so, he lay down on the green couch right in front of the warm fireplace, wandlessly summoning a Transfiguration book and started reading it.

A/N: I'm back~ After many sleepless nights, I decided that I would be skipping the 3rd year. Not that I'm lazy to write or anything, but there isn't really anything happening in the 3rd year that would affect the plot of this story. So yeah, after I finished writing the 2nd year, it will immediately jump towards the 4th year. 

Pettigrew is in Dumbledore's side.

Ask any questions (personal or not). I would be more than willing to reply!