63

December flew by quickly, and soon it was the 25th. Hogwarts was much crowded than it would be on another winter break. Students from the fourth year and above were present in the event. Everyone couldn't help but be infected by the excitement the Yule Ball brought along. 

Those attending the Ball had visited Hogsmeade the day before to buy several last-minute accessories, including a certain group of Slytherins. 

The giant clock that hung on top of the fireplace located on top of the Slytherin common room read 7.37. The common room was empty besides a few students, waiting for their desired dates. Draco and Alec were sitting awkwardly next to each other on the long green couch, sneaking several glances at the other every now and then. 

Harry and Blaise were in the middle of an intense chess match in the low table, with Harry winning so far into the game. Theo filled in the time with a book. The five were dressed in their best suits. Harry with his green suit with silver linings, a gift from Tom (who sent it over owl mail). Draco was wearing silver, with the Malfoy family crest engraved into the fabric. Alec had a blue blazer on, while Blaise with a black attire and Theo with grey.

They were waiting for Daphne and Pansy, Harry's and Blaise's date respectively - Theo decided to go alone, as they were taking too long in their dorm. As the minute hand on the clock crept slowly to 7.50, Harry was starting to get anxious. 

"I wonder what they're doing up there, should we go check?" Blaise asked, voicing out everyone's thoughts.

Alec seemed to mull the idea over, and before he could give his opinion on the matter, a sharp voice cut through the silence like a sharp knife slicing through room temperature butter.

"Don't you even think about it Zabini. Plus you won't even be able to get through the wards." Daphne Greengrass, known for her sharp tongue, appeared on the stairway leading to the girls' dormitories. 

And to say she was beautiful was an understatement. Dressed in a blue gown with silver linings, she was the most gorgeous person in the world, no, universe. Harry was speechless, unable to tear his eyes off the beauty that is Daphne Greengrass.

Behind her was Pansy, yet Harry could not pay any attention to her for his eyes were stuck on Daphne, his beauty, his one and only-

A cough from behind him shook him out of his thoughts and fantastical daydreams. Draco looked away rather knowingly, gesturing for Harry to be the one who makes the first move. And indeed he did.

"You look amazing Daphne, I feel honored to be able to go to the Yule Ball with you." Harry complimented the fair maiden who blushed at the praise.

"Thank you, you look amazing as well." She managed to get out, trying to act all nonchalant but the slight red at the tips of her ears said otherwise.

Someone sighed from behind the two oblivious as heck lovebirds, but before the two could put a name to the sigh, the unknown was saved by a 3rd year student rushing into the common room. The poor guy looked so shocked to see other students still in the common room, as he let out a little 'eep' and darted the way opposite.

Harry took a glance at everyone, making sure everyone was ready to descend into the wolves. "Right then. Let's make tonight the night we shall remember."

~

Dinner passed by uneventfully, if you ignore the fact that Potter was constantly bragging about her title as 'Girl-Who-Lived' to honored guests from the Ministry and to students from other schools. 

Her date, who appeared to be Neville Longbottom, seemed bored at the entire affair, yet was too scared to speak up.

Harry, sitting right next to Daphne and Viktor Krum (with his date, the Beauxbaton champion, Fleur Delacour), was constantly smiling through the pain of having to hear Evelyn Potter's obnoxious voice for an hour straight.