45

<3rd POV>

After waiting down at the Chamber of Secrets, reading the entire book, Harry finally heard something. The entrance opened, and there were a few light footsteps, before the sound of something collapsing. It was going according to plan. If his calculations were correct, that would be Ginny Weasley and the fake horcrux would be absorbing her life energy. Of course, Harry wasn't heartless, and had made sure that Weasley wouldn't die.

He waked out towards the great chamber. The fake horcrux was just about to hide between the shadows at the corner of the room. Weasley's body lay on the ground, red hair pooling around her. Harry looked for the black diary and spotted it far away from the body. 

Picking it up and dusting it clean, he placed it next to her side. He bent down as he thought about the rest of the Slytherins. They must already be evacuated to their common room. 

And he knew his friends. Draco and Alec would panic screaming nonsense when they couldn't find the raven. Blaise and Daphne were the more reasonable and logical type, and would calm them down (Blaise), or threaten them to sit down or else (Daphne). 

Just a few minutes later, a loud sound resounded around the hall. As if something had exploded at the entrance. He panicked and was relieved only to find out that it was simply Potter and Weasley. 

Slipping into the shadows on the other side of the chamber, he reviewed his plans again over in his head. Once the two boys had reached the Chamber of Secret, they would immediately see the body of Weaslette on the floor. Then they would panic and the fake horcrux will appear from the shadows and start talking. 

The horcrux will rile the two of them up causing them to start arguing with it, and the replica of the basilisk will be summoned only to surprise them. The two would be knocked out by the basilisk, then Harry will put in fake memories of them killing the basilisk and the horcrux. 

He would continue to wake them up and disappearing before they could see him.

But the plan was definitely not working to plan. Apparently, the duo brought Lockhart with them. 

Gilderoy Lock-fucking-hart. 

'If they really wanted a teacher to help them, at least choose someone less fake than him.' Harry thought bitterly, silently praying that his plan will still work.

Luckily, Hogwarts seemed to be listening to him, and using her magic, she caused some rocks to fall in the entrance, separating the students from the idiot of a teacher. 

Waiting in the shadows, Harry leaned against the pillars supporting the chamber in excitement.

~

Immediately as the giant doors with snakes carved onto it swung open, there were twin gasp of surprise. 

"Ron! We found it! The Chamber of Secrets! We can tell Albus about this! Then maybe the Slytherins will all get expelled!!" Potter squealed as she bounced across the floor. 

"Bloody hell. The legends are true." Weasley remained frozen, his mouth was wide open, eyes taking in every intricate detail.

Harry was glad that he remembered to put silencing charms all around him, or else he would blow his cover by laughing.

"Wait Ron is that-" 

"Ginny!" Ron ran to the body of Weaslette dropping on his knees as he try to wake her up by shaking her body. ""Ginny — don't be dead — please don't be dead —" 

Potter joined him, flinging her wand aside, before assessing the situation. 

"She isn't petrified Ron, but..." 

"She won't wake," said a soft voice from the shadows. The duo whirled their head and jumped to their feet. 

"Tom — Tom Riddle?" Potter asked hesitantly, eyeing the boy with obvious distate. 

The horcrux nodded. 

"What- What do you mean she won't wake? You killed her didn't you!" Weasley asked bravely and confidently. Alas, his face completely betrayed him, revealing the sheer terror displayed on his face.

Harry couldn't help but snort, thankful for the silencing charms.  

"I didn't kill her you idiot." The horcrux bite back, "She's just merely alive. Just barely. I suppose the real reason Ginny Weasley's like this is because she opened her heart and spilled all her secrets to an invisible stranger."

"What are you talking about?" said Potter, getting more curious now. 

"The diary," said Riddle. "My diary. Little Ginny's been writing in it for months and months, telling me all her pitiful worries and woes — how her brothers tease her, how she had to come to school with secondhand robes and books, how she didn't think famous, good, great Harry Potter would ever like her..." 

Weasley gasped beside Potter, a little bit too dramatic if you asked Harry. 

"Don't you realize it yet Potter? The Chamber of Secrets was opened by Ginny Weasley. She strangled the school roosters and daubed threatening messages on the walls. She set the Serpent of Slytherin on four Mudbloods, and the Squib's cat."

"No..." Weasley muttered.

"And I was so curious about the little Evelyn Potter. Who supposedly defeated Voldemort when she was a baby... How did you escape?" 

"Why do you need to know how I escaped?" Evelyn spat.

"Because, Potter, I am Voldemort." Tom smirked taking out Potter's wand from the spot on the floor and summoning floating letters.

'Tom Marvolo Riddle'. 

With a wave of his hands, the letters rearranged themselves to:

'I am Lord Voldemort'. 

"You're- You are You-Know-Who?" Potter squeaked before promptly fainting on the ground shortly followed by Weasley. 

The fake horcrux looked at the bodies lying on the floor, confusion swirling around him. This wasn't part of the plan.

Meanwhile, Harry was still laughing with the sudden change of events. But it was definitely a better plan. 

He walked out of the shadows, before vanishing the fake horcrux, and the fake basilisk waiting in the shadows. 

Summoning, a fake basilisk fang, he stabbed it into the black notebook, causing black ink that looks like blood to flow out. He called for Fawkes, the phoenix by his side and a fake replica of Gryffindor Sword. Fawkes wasn't loyal to Dumbledore. Not at all.

She was ecstatic when she found out the heir of Hogwarts to appear at the school.

Bending down to face the three bodies, he quickly altered their memories, before telling Fawkes to send them up to the surface and to Dumbledore's office after being waken up.

And as for Lockhart... maybe an overpowered Memory Charm would work.