69

chapter num looking kinda sus~

The world righted itself, throwing two Hogwarts students out of a portal in an empty graveyard. The female student immediately held a hand to her mouth, before throwing up. A retching sound soon scared off the few wandering birds around the graveyard.

'Good enough, at least she didn't pass out from fear.' Harry thought to himself, a wry smile making its way to his face, as he took in the surroundings. Which was pretty sad, if you ask Harry.

A large silver cauldron in the middle, a low heat underneath bringing the liquid inside to a low boil. Potter crouched on the ground, hair a mess from the sudden Portkey trip. If he squinted, he could see the faint shadow of an Invisibility Cloak, obstructing whoever was wearing it from their view.

Then comes the signal. A loud howl from a wolf, a werewolf to be more specific, to signal the start of the rebirth. The rebirth of the Dark Lord. 

All though it was technically not a rebirth, as you can't exactly rebirth someone who is already alive...

Harry laughed quietly under his breath as he noticed the way Evelyn's face seemed to pale even further at the howl. The cold chill of the wind bite at their ankles, as their cloaks were left discarded back at Hogwarts. It was something that Harry regretted as he shivered from the chill. 

A familiar figure appeared from the shadows. His father. Well, one of his father. Sirius Black stood there, a black cloak covering his face, not letting anyone see his true identity. He approached the cauldron, holding a bag filled with nonsensical things that Tom came up with.

It was going according to plan. The plan was for Sirius to act as the person who will 'supposedly' bring the Dark Lord back to life. Potter was simply here to serve as eye witness for the resurrection, so she could tell Dumbledore or whoever that the Dark Lord is alive and the new Wizarding War will arrive or something.

So yes. She plays a very important role in this game.

"Where... where are we? Who is that?" Even fear could make the so-called 'Girl Who Lived' ask a genuine question to Harry, that wasn't an insult.

Harry ignored her, walking towards a tombstone conveniently placed a few steps away from them. 

Evelyn followed him, but only due to her fear of being alone. 

"Tom Riddle... I swear I heard that name before..." Potter murmured to herself, kneeling down next to the tombstone. Indeed, there were the words Tom Riddle on the tombstone. They were weathered down, covered with moss. 

Good thing Lucius drabbled in illusion magic.

A hissing pulled both of them away, attracting their attention to the gigantic snake that was slowly making its way up to Sirius. Nagina, with her dark colored scales, seemed to blend in directly with the grass. 

Sirius cleared his throat, before reciting his lines. Lines that Tom spent ages thinking up on.

"Bone of the father, unknowingly given, you will renew your son!"

He dropped something into the cauldron, causing the liquid inside to boil vigorously. Harry then decided that it was his time to shine, pulling out a single silver dagger from his pants pocket. You might be wondering, why the hell would Harry keep something as dangerous as that in his pant pockets.

As Moody would always say, 'Constant Vigilance'. 

Harry stalked towards Potter, who cowered in fear from the sudden change in behavior coming from Harry. Gripping the dagger in his palm, he used his left hand to grab Potter's own arm closer to him, and with a clean slice, blood began to drip out. Using his own fingers, he gathered a few drops of the blood, secretly relishing in the contrast between the red and the paleness of his own skin. 

He walked over to the cauldron, letting the blood drop down onto the bubbling liquid. 

"Blood of the enemy, forcibly given, you will resurrect your foe."

All of a sudden, there were loud sparks erupting from the cauldron, smoke spilling over the cauldron, causing the entire graveyard to be covered with white fog. It obstructed their vision for just a while, and when it cleared, a tall figure stood in the middle. 

Tom Riddle was holding up his wand, looking at it in wonder, looking at his own body. That was some extremely awesome acting.

"My Lord," Sirius knelt down onto one knee, Harry following him.

"No way... Voldemort?" Potter blurted out, dropping her own wand to the ground. 

That... was just pathetic. And Tom made it his right to laugh about it.

"So you are the Girl Who Lived? The one who beat me 13 years ago? Is this a joke of some kind?" Tom's voice was deep, deeper than it usually was. It must be a disguise... or just a foolish prank to scare Potter more. 

"You- You are Voldemort! And I am Evelyn Potter, the Girl-Who-Lived! The same person who defeated you 13 years ago, and I will defeat you now! A-again!"

Harry had to bite his tongue from laughing out loud, and if you squinted, you could see the way his form trembled with unspoken laughter.

Tom, meanwhile, gazed upon this insolent creature, wondering why in the world he even agreed to revealing his 'birth' to the public. His thoughts wandered from thinking about killing Potter right there and then, to wondering how Lucius would enjoy his prank of dying the blonde's hair green.

Sirius raised his head up, just slightly so that Potter would not see it. He glared at Tom, giving subtle signs that he was missing a few lines.

Oh right- 

"You? A mere 14 year old beat me? The one and only Dark Lord? I don't think so!"

Harry has to agree, Tom was indeed an excellent actor.

Tom raised his hand, revealing the dark mark tattooed onto his skin. Placing his wand gently on it, he hissed 'mosmorde', summoning a green glowing symbol of the dark mark on the sky.

Without a warning, there were several loud pops of death eaters apparating into the graveyard. The wards here were complicated, allowing people to apparate in, yet those allowed to apparate must have a dark mark tattooed onto their arm. 

"Tonight... tonight... we reign the wizarding world once again!"