61

There was a Hogsmeade weekend conveniently planned the weekend after the first task. Harry wondered if the schools made it that way to allow the contestants to rest, or if it was simply foreshadowing the fact that the second task was going to be pure torture.

Harry decided to ignore that and instead took the opportunity of a free weekend to go out together with his parents, who he have not seen for months.

So that was how Harry found himself in this predicament. Standing outside the huge doors leading into the Great Hall, the cold frosty late autumn and early winter wind blowing. He took a deep breath, enjoying the crisp yet slightly freezing air. A green scarf was wrapped around his neck, his hands deep in his winter outercoat. 

Beside him stood Draco, his ears slightly pink as the cold wind nipped at it. "When do you think they're coming out? It's freezing out here." He grumbled, keeping an eye on Filch monitoring the students going o]ut the castle. 

Filch was stationed there, as he made sure that no one would be bringing anything dubbed 'harmful' in his eyes, which meant literally everything other than wands and money pouch. (Filch had at first wanted to restrict the bringing of wands, but he was quickly talked out of it by the rest of the teachers).

"Knowing them, they're probably making somewhere." Harry groaned, stretching out his legs, kicking it out one by one. 

Draco groaned at that, trying to erase the image that popped up in his mind. Harry laughed at the torture Draco was currently going through.

Finally, after what seemed like an hour (but was actually only 5 minutes), the two lovebirds emerged from the Great Hall, a few feet away from one another. From where Harry was standing, he could clearly see the messed up hair, and tussled collars, but ignorance is bliss.

"What took you two so long?" Draco asked impatiently, tucking his wand back in his pocket. 

Sirius sent Draco a cheeky look, and Harry immediately noticed that look. 

"Sirius.." Remus sent a warning to his husband, who finally relented. 

The four of them quickly made their way towards the front gate, where Filch either did not notice or them, or simply chose to ignore the giant man-child.

Harry had actually planned to visit Hogsmeade for one specific store open only in Hogsmeade. It was a jewelry store, where different types of accessories were being sold. For he had a plan.

He just had to wait for the right moment to slip away from the three people he was travelling with. 

"Shall we go buy our supplies first, or should we grab a butterbeer in the Three Broomsticks?" Sirius asked, skipping like a child. But Harry can't blame him. Sirius was indeed a child in heart.

Remus looked a lot more composed, a huge contrast between the hyper and the calm adults. "I say supplies. There are several things I need to pick up from the stores around here."

Draco and Harry quickly agreed, and the four of them split up. 

Harry decided to linger in front off of a store that sold quills, pretending to be interested in buying the quills until he was certain everyone had left. He then turned on his heel, heading towards a less populated area of Hogsmeade.

He stopped right in front of a shabby looking store, but just from sensing the powerful magic surrounding it, it was clearly just an illusion.

Once again, the black-haired look around to make sure no one was following him, and entered the shop. He was immediately faced with the shiny glint of gold and silver. Literally. As in, the entire room was covered in gold and silver.

"Welcome to- Oh? A Hogwarts student?" A tall thin man came from behind the counter. The man looked not much older than 20, and had light blue eyes. 

Harry nodded, pulling on the scarf tighter. "I- Yes sir, I am a Hogwarts student."

The man smiled a smile that almost made Harry even regret coming to this store. But Tom had told him this was one of the best stores that made jewelry in the Wizarding World.

"Well, this is a rare sight. This store should not be well known to students. But anyways, welcome. How can I help you?" The owner of the store asked, leaning over the counter to peer at Harry's own eyes.

Harry stammered, slowly losing the confidence he had gathered before entering the shop. "I wanted to buy a gift for a girl I like..." His voice trailed off in the end, causing the man to strain his ears to hear the words.

"A gift for a girl?" The man laughed softly, more to himself. Harry felt blood rush to his face. 

The man shook his head, reaching over the counter to pat Harry on the shoulder. "Now now, nothing to be ashamed about. Come, why don't you choose which type you would like."

The two spent the next few minutes discussing which type of gold to use, as well as the style. Harry ended up choosing to make a simple gold chain necklace, with a light blue sapphire gem. It was simple and elegant, definitely matching her. 

The man wrote down the notes needed for the necklace, and assured Harry that the necklace will be done as soon as possible. After saying his thanks, Harry left the store, money pouch considerably lighter than before. 

He walked around Hogsmeade for a little while before eventually stopping in front of Three Broomsticks. 

"Harry! There you are!" A familiar voice came from behind him. 

"And here were we thinking that we would spend the whole day without seeing you." 

Harry turned around to see Theodore Nott and Blaise Zabini standing behind him. The two were dressed in proper winter attire, and their hands were full of bags filled with different sweets. 

Harry greeted them. "Say, have you seen Draco?"

Blaise nodded his head. "Last I heard from him, he was heading to the Three Broomsticks, so he;s probably inside. 

Draco must've already finished shopping. Harry wondered what things he bought. Knowing the blonde, it was probably more hair products. 

The three exchanged goodbyes, and Harry pushed the door to the Three Broomsticks, then stepped inside. He found his parents and Draco sitting on one of the far tables in the corner. 

It would be perfect, if only Daphne Greengrass was here as well. 

A/N: just a filler chapt, nothing huge. next would be events leading to yule ball (around 3 chapt).