58

Days began to pass by quickly, and soon enough it was nearing the day for the first task. And Harry tried not to panic, but he had not done enough research. Or even have a plan on what to research. So yeah, he was panicking. 

That lead to him staying up late at night, in the common room, sitting next to the fireplace, surrounded by stacks of books he had... ehem... snuck out from the chamber of secret and the library. He was just reaching for a book on defensive spell, borderline dark, when another set of footsteps distracted him. 

Harry looked up to see a head of familiar blonde hair. Blue eyes stared into his green eyes. 

"Is everything alright Draco?" Harry asked, breaking eye contact in favor of reading the book. He didn't raise his head as Draco took a sit next to Harry, on the other armchair. His blue eyes, however, were not focused on Harry, nor were they focused on the stacks of books, instead they were focused on his own fingers, which was strange, since Draco Malfoy never gets nervous. 

"It's nothing, I think... I overheard a conversation between Dumbledore and Potter." Draco answered, all the while avoiding eye contact. 

That made Harry set down his book. "A conversation between Dumbledore and Potter? Tell me more." 

Draco took a deep breath. "Well.. I dunno, I heard something about dragons and the first task." 

"Dragons? As in fire breathing dragons?" Harry couldn't help the excitement that erupted in him. He hadn't seen a dragon ever since returning back to his original timeline. He remembered back when he was younger, Merlin and Godric would drag him out to find dragons. The dragons they found were located in Romania, quite far away from Hogwarts, and if these dragons were from Romania...

"Yeah, I heard something like that... How are you going to defeat them?" 

Harry took a moment to ponder, before his eyes lit up, an idea popping up in his mind. He summoned a book from under one of the stacks and showed it to Draco. 

"'Everything You Need To Know About Dragons'. Lucky I got that copy from the library. It was the last one. I doubt Dumbledore would want us to actually kill a dragon. For now I'll read up on spells that would work to subdue a dragon before finding out more tomorrow morning. Thanks a lot Draco. It really helped me."

~

The next few days pass by quickly, and the day of the first task had finally descended onto the castle of Hogwarts. The breakfast in itself was filled with tension, excitement from the students and the visitors, and nervousness from the contestants themselves.

Harry had entered the breakfast hall earlier before anyone had awoken. At 5 am, to be precise. To be much more specific, 5.17 am. He realized that waking up earlier in the morning would allow him to avoid the... ehem.. riot, or students.

But even waking up at 5 was still not early enough to avoid the entire student population. Because, a certain Potter had entered the hall, closely followed by her lackeys. The tall red-haired tree on the right, along with the bushy know-it-all on the left.

And behind the trio, there were a bunch of fans. Fans, as in students from the younger years. 

"Will you look at that, isn't that my estranged brother??" 

"Ex. Now we're nothing more than schoolmates." Harry swiftly replied as he tried to get past the horde of students. Tried. And failed. 

Granger scoffed, while Weasley's ears started to turn red. Like seriously, Weasley really should go to therapy for anger management or something. 

"Now, now, don't be so rude. Today's the first task, and since we're both Hogwarts champions... I think that you should like... I don't know... resign maybe??" Potter asked, trying to get under his skin.  

Harry sighed. There goes his plans for an uneventful breakfast. "Actually, it's against the rules to as you put it 'resign' since the contract is a magically bonding one. I would've thought Granger over there would remind you but apparently I was wrong." 

"Well, do you even know what... what's going to happen in the first task?" Granger spluttered.

The raven pretended to look confused and took a moment to  pause, but in reality he was trying his very best to not lose his temper and along with it, his control of his magic. 

"First task? I think you meant dragons?" 

The fans at the back started to whisper rather loudly. Soon enough, more people began to trickle in, and by the looks on their faces, it was clear to say they weren't a fan of Potter and her little fan group. 

One of them was Cedric, a tall 6th year Hufflepuff prefect, who attracted attention from all girls (and some boys) whenever he walked through the corridor of Hogwarts. 

"Good luck Harry, don't die so early in the game." Cedric teased, patting his right shoulder. Harry gave a bright smile back, most of it coming from the aghast and reddening face of Potter. 

Now the hall was filled with students, pushing past Potter and her bodyguards. 

"If you excuse me, i do need to prepare for the task, so please. Get out of my way." Harry said with a fake grin, the smile falling off his face immediately as he pushed past the crowd, breathing in the fresh air away from the students.

"Oi!"

"Harry!"

2 arms were slung over the poor 4th year's shoulder. Two familiar red hairs popped into his peripheral view. 

"Morning Forge, Gred."

That caused the two twins to smile. 

"Morning Harry, did you hear anything from your dads?" 

Harry frowned. "No... Why, did you hear anything from them?" 

The twins sent a look to each other. 

"Nothing! Look at the time George, it's time to go! See you later in the first task!"

"Good luck Harry!" 

And that left Harry all alone. He sighed as he watched the shadows of the twins disappear, before turning around and walking towards the dungeons.

A/N: hi again? offline school is starting, meaning i have less time to write, hopefully you understand.