Meeting a New Friend

2 weeks had passed since the first interview. We'd spend a week in LA doing TV and radio interviews. Not to mention attending a couple small festivals. Then we made our way across America stopping in almost every major city to do radio interviews. We'd ended up in New York City where we'd been on GMA, The Today Show, several small daytime talk shows and some more radio stations. We had 2 days off, to get ready to go do the overseas leg of promo. England, Japan, Germany, Spain, Australia, the works.

*******

It was the morning of our flight to England. It was only 5 am and my mom had called me no less then 15 times, worried. I did my best fielding her questions, when are you leaving? what time are you getting there? Are you flying commercially? How long is the flight? Where are you staying when you get there?, that sort of thing. Finally I told her I'd be safe and gave her Katie's number.

We had gone through security and the pilot was bringing our private jet up to the teminal. "I call sitting by Bryanne!" Demi shouted.

"NO FAIR! I wanted to sit my girlfriend!" Niall whined.

"And I want to sit by mine." Nick said, hugging Demi from behind.

"Alright, fine. I'll sit by you Nick." Demi rolled her eyes, fighting a smile.

"Aw, that's so adorable!" I mocked.

"Shut up! You and Niall act the same way." Demi said.

She had a point. "Touche."

"Alright, the plane's ready for us. Let's get a move on people!" Katie shouted, leading us onto the plane.

We filedin and I sat in a window seat next to Niall. Demi and Nick sat behind us. There were no fewer then 20 people on the plane, most of which I'd never met.

Pretty soon we went down the runway and took off toward London.

******

We landed in London at 3 pm their time. We were quickly hustled through the airport, throngs of people had heard we would be here and wanted to get a glimpse of Demi Lovato, Nick Jonas, or Niall Horan. Security held them back for the most part. We all waved and smiled at the crowds as we walked through. There was one girl, she couldn't have been any older than me, who was sitting on a chair holding a sign that said "I Play For Food" there was a guitar next to her. I tapped Demi's shoulder and pointed. She looked, and whispered something in Katie's ear. She pointed at the girl and then smiled. Taking Max with us, she and I made our way over.

"Hi." I said when we reached the girl.

"Hi, would you like me to play something?" She asked, reaching for her guitar. Her face was dirty, stained with dried tear tracks.

"Of course." Demi smiled at her.

"What do you want to hear?"

"Whatever you want to play."

"Okay." She smiled hesitantly, gripping the guitar, "This is Merry Go Round by Kacey Musgraves." She started singing. About halfway through the song I noticed 2 things: Demi was crying and both Niall and Nick had made their way over. When the song ended, the terminal broke into applause. The girl put down her guitar.

"That was gorgeous honey." Demi said through her tears.

"Thank you so much Demi. That means the world coming from you."

"You're so welcome. What's your name?"

"Colbie."

"That's such a pretty name. It suits you." Niall told her.