Valentines Day (Part 2)

15 minutes later we were in his hotel room. We sat next to each other on one of he beds. "Will you tell me why your upset at your mom?"

"I like you Niall."

"I like you too, but that doesn't answer my question."

"Do you really want to know?"

"Yes."

"Alright, if you're sure." I sighed. "Okay, so, the summer before my 8th grade year I joined the high school marching band. That's when I met this drummer named Seth. He was so sweet and gentleman-like. I couldn't help but have a crush on him. One day, he asked me out. I said yes. We started to date. It was fine all marching season. Then, when marching season was over, he became increasingly distant and rude. That's when our relationship started to go down hill. We broke up several times always getting back together about a week later. He'd abuse me and I'd leave, he'd apologize and I'd come back. Same thing over and over again. Until right before we started filming. He'd flown out to LA to see me for our 1-year anniversary. We went to dinner, he was rude like always. Then we went for a walk on the beach and met up with he old friend who was throwing a giant house party. He made me go to the party. He drank and we danced then he tried to have sex with me. I broke up with him the next day and you know what happened next."

"I'm sorry babe. I still don't see what that had to do with me."

"My mom thinks that you'll act sweet for a couple months and then act rude and only want my body and toss me out like a toy when you're done with me."

"I would never do that."

"I know. That's why I got so mad."

"I understand but you know she is only trying to protect you."

"I know.I just wish she wouldn't assume you're like that."

"I don't blame her. If my daughter went off to Hollywood and came back with some famous boy as her  boyfriend I'd think he was just using her too."

"Why?" I ask curious to see his views on parenting.

"Because, people in Hollywood, and everywhere else for that matter, for the most part, only know how to want."

"How to want? What do you mean?" I sit up straighter, more confused now than ever.

"It's human nature to want things. Agreed?" He looks at me. I nod. "It's drilled in your head from when you're little. 'Mommy I want this!' 'Daddy I want that!' and so on. People in Hollywood, generally, never realize that the world isn't a wish granting factory. They get what they want every second of every day. They don't know any different. They treat people like crap and still get respect. They learn that they can treat people like that, it's okay. They don't learn to care about others.Understand?"

"I see your point."

"So do you want to go to your house now?"

"Nah, I'll text my mom that we decided to stay at your hotel."

"That whole big long talk about how your mom is worried about you and you want to tell her you're staying in a hotel with me overnight?"

"Yeah. You and I both know that nothing bad and terrible and adult will happen."

"Your mom doesn't."

"Niall. I know my mom. She trusts me."

"She doesn't trust me though."

"I trust you. That should be enough for her."

"What if it was your daughter wanting to stay at a hotel with her boyfriend overnight?"