Song Writing and Fangirling

I put on my glasses and walked over to Demi's room. "Demi?" I whispered, cracking the door open. Her room was empty. I shut the door and walked downstairs. She wasn't in the living room or the kitchen. I looked in the theater and then the game room, gym and the pool. I went back up to the bedrooms and saw the staircase leading to the recording room. I started up the stairs and heard crying.

I raced up the rest of the stairs and burst into the room. I saw Demi sitting in a chair facing a window. "Demi? Are you okay?" I asked.

She swiveled her chair to look at me. "Hey Bryanne. Yeah, I'm fine. I was just writing a song."

"If you don't mind me asking, and you don't have to answer me, but what are you writing about?" I awkwardly sat in a chair nearby.

"I don't mind. I'm writing about Wilmer. You probably knew that we were dating for a while a couple months ago. We broke up and he keeps calling me. He calls to tell me he loves me and that he made a mistake and wants me back. He sexts me too. It's driving me crazy and I just can't take it anymore. So I'm taking a page out of Taylor's book and writing a song about it."

"That's terrible! I knew he was a bastard!"  I stood up and hugged Demi.

"Thanks. Do you want to hear the song so far?"

"Of course." I sat back in a chair.

She started strumming on her acoustic guitar.

"See you calling again

I don't wanna pick up, no, oh

I've been laying in bed

Probably thinking too much, oh, oh

Sorry I'm not sorry for the times

I don't reply, you know the reason why

Maybe you shouldn't come back

Maybe you shouldn't come back to me

Tired of being so sad,

Tired of getting so mad, baby

Stop right now,

You'll only let me down, oh, oh

Maybe you shouldn't come back

Maybe you shouldn't come back to me."

She finished, tears streaming down her face. "That's what I've got so far."

"That was so good!" I hugged her again but this time my stomach growled as we broke apart.

"Somebody's hungry!" She laughed.

"Apparently." I laughed.

“Let’s go get some brunch, shall we? I have Lucky Charms in the kitchen.” Demi sets her guitar on a stand and starts down to the kitchen.

 We had just dug into our bowls of cereal when Demi’s phone rang. “Hello?” She said, her mouth still full. “Yeah Sel, that’d be fun! I’ll ask Bryanne and call you back okay? Okay, bye.” She hung up and grinned. “That was Selena. She wanted to know if we wanted to go to the beach with her and Taylor this afternoon. So? Wanna go?”

“Yes! Yes! Yes! Of course!” I said loudly. “Er…I mean, yeah, sounds like fun.” I blushed and looked at my half-eaten bowl of Lucky Charms.

A burst of laughter came from the other side of the table.  “I’ll call her back, and Bry,” I met her gaze, “everyone fangirls. It’s nothing to be embarrassed about.” Demi smiled and called Selena back and told her that we’d meet them at the beach at 4:00 pm. We finished our cereal in silence, I was too excited to participate in conversation.