An Explanation

I woke up in a bed. It took me a couple seconds to realize that it was the bed in my room at Demi's. I got up and found my phone laying on the nightstand charging. I checked it. It was 10:45 am and I had 14 missed calls from Seth. Not wanting to deal with them, I grabbed some yoga pants and an oversized T-shirt and went to take a shower. That was when I realized that I wasn't in my dress anymore. I felt a blush creep up on my cheeks when it occurred to me that that meant that Demi and probably Selena saw me almost completely naked. I shake that thought away and head into the bathroom to take my shower.-

After about 20 minutes of scrubbing I had gotten all my makeup off and washed my hair. I didn't want to face Demi or Selena or possibly Taylor yet. They would want answers that I'm not ready to give. I stood in the shower until the water ran cold. Sighing, I turned it off and got out. I slowly dried off and got my clothes on. I brushed my teeth, used my acne wash, and took the time to blow-dry my hair. I put on my clothes and checked the time again. 12:25. I put my hair in a ponytail and sighed. I couldn't delay the inevitable any more. I grabbed my phone and headed downstairs.

I found Demi sprawled out on the couch on her phone. I walked by her and into the kitchen to get some food. After a quick raid of Demi's cupboards I settled on a stick of string cheese, a rice krispie treat and a granola bar. I went back into the into the living room and sat down. Demi looked up from her phone. "Hey sleepy-head! How are you?" She smiled.

"Good." I smiled back.

"Do you want to talk about it?" She asked.

"Not particularly." I said as I bit into the granola bar.

"It's okay. I used to party all the time." She stated trying to be assuring.

"I wasn't partying." I mumbled not meeting her caring gaze.

"Really? Because Selena and I picked you up at 1 am 50 feet from a house-party."

"Honest. I wasn't." I said with more force.

"Okay. Just tell me what happened." Demi sighed.

I told her all about the date, except the part about underage drinking at the restaurant and that he wanted sex, she didn't need to know that. After I was done she pulled me into a hug. "I'm sorry." She whispered in my ear.

"It's okay. I'm fine. Thanks for picking me up."

"Anytime. Did something happen that made you call me?"

"Uh...no, I was just tired." I lied.

I think Demi could tell something else happened, but before she could say anything else my phone rang.

"Speaker." She mouthed to me. I reluctantly answered and put it on speaker.

"Hey babe. I've called you 14 times. Why didn't you answer?"

"I was sleeping." I stated.

"Okay, so where'd you go last night? I was waiting in the bedroom for a half hour."

Demi raised her eyebrows at me. I shook my head and spoke. "I-I lost you in the crowd. I was looking for you for an hour before I called Demi. She picked me up." I said sweetly.

"Oh. I have the shoes you left in my car. I'm flying home tonight, should I swing bye and give them to you?"

Demi slowly nodded. "Yeah, sure. What time?"

"Around 5? I drive by your street on the way to the airport."

"Okay, see you then." I said relieved.

"Bye."

I hung up and Demi stared at me. "Bry? What else happened that you didn't tell me?" She asked softly.

"Nothing." I muttered.

"Fine. What did he mean when he said, 'I was waiting in the bedroom for a half hour.'?"

"Alright, I'll tell you, but you have to promise you won't be mad." I looked in her eyes.

"I promise."

"Okay, so at the party, it was right before I called you, Seth grabbed my butt and tried to take me upstairs to 'have some fun.' He let go and wanted me to follow him but I ran out the door and called you instead."

"You thought I'd be mad if I knew that?" Demi sounded surprised.

"N-n-not a-a-at me. Him."

"Oh, I am mad at him. But luckily he won't be around for the next couple monthes."

"Yeah, I can't say that I'll miss him." I smiled.

"So, enough of that. What do you want to do?"

"Run lines?"

"Sure. I need to work on some of the scenes. Let's run them in the courtyard. It's such a nice day."

We both went to get our scripts and then headed out to the courtyard. We ran lines until we were both starving. We went back in and it was 4:45.

"Let's make dinner. What do you want?"

"I don't know. Spaghetti is easy."

"Um, how about something else. Pasta is a trigger food. I'm sorry."

"That's okay. I get it. What do you want to eat?"

"Um...Chicken wraps?"

"Sounds good."

We went to the kitchen and found chicken and put it in the microwave to defrost when the doorbell rang. "It's Seth. I'll get it." I said.

"I'm right behind you." Demi assured.

I took a deep breath, plastered a smile on my face and opened the door. Seth stood there with a smug smile and Demi's shoes.

"Hey babe."

"Hi." I said coldly.

"So we're doing that again are we?" He said, his eyes glinting with anger.

"I don't know. Are we?" I asked.

"I don't know why you get like this. We both know you'll come crawling back eventually. You always do."

I didn't say anything. Grabbing Demi's shoes from him, I slapped him with my free hand and then slammed the door in his face.

__________________________

Thanks for reading! I really appreciate it! So Happy Labor Day if you live in the US. Happy September 1 if you don't! heads up that I will be traveling to see my sister and my new nephew and so I won't be able to update :( but it's an 10 hour car ride so I will get some writing done! :) please comment and vote I really appreciate it!!!

DFTS

-KitKat_That_Breaths