1989 Release Party (Part 1)

I had been back at school for 2 weeks. It was Saturday and I was flying to LA today for Taylor's album release party on Monday. I had already done all the homework for both Monday and Tuesday. I got up and put on some royal blue dyed jeggings, a black t-shirt that said I Wish I Was A Unicorn on it, and a pink floral zip-up jacket. Then I started to pack for my 4-day trip to LA. I threw in everything I needed, including a dress for The Ellen Show/Release Party. I took my suitcase downstairs and set it by the front door then went to the kitchen to get some breakfast.

My dad was sitting in the kitchen drinking a cup of coffee.

"Hey dad. Where's Mom?" I said, as I grabbed a mug from the cupboard and started making tea.

"She had to go to work early. They had someone call off unexpectedly. I'm taking you to the airport today squirt. Your mom said we have to leave at noon for your flight."

"Okay." I took my tea and a banana into the living room. It was just now 11 am. I sat on the couch and turned on the TV. I watched Law and Order until it was almost time to go. Then I grabbed my laptop bag that had my laptop in it, my phone, and iPod. "Dad! I'm ready to go!"

"Okay! I'll grab the keys and put some shoes on then we'll go."

I put on my black converse high tops and grabbed my luggage to take to the car.

Dad opened the door and popped the trunk of the car so I could put my stuff in. Then we both got in and headed for the airport, which was only about 20 minutes from my house.

"So, my daughter's some big shot celebrity that jets off to LA for the weekend now, is she?"

"No, I'm just going for a friend's party."

"A friend? Taylor Swift is a friend?"

"Yeah, she is."

"Whatever you say hon."

We arrived at the airport and I went through security. Before that, I had to say goodbye to Dad. "Bye, Dad. See you Tuesday."

"Bye Bryanne. Be safe. Don't drink. No drugs. You know."

"Yup. Bye."

"Bye."

I waved as I walked away to find my terminal.

10 minutes later I boarded my flight and found a seat. I sat by a window. After the safety information was given we took off. As soon as we were in the air I plugged in my earbuds and listened to music, staring down at the landscape below.

2 hours later we landed at Los Angeles International Airport. I got my luggage and went to meet Taylor, who was picking me up.

I went toward the pickup/drop off area. I suddenly heard screaming and saw a crowd of about 100 people converging in one area. I ran toward it, figuring it was Taylor.

I was right. I saw Taylor's unmistakable blonde head signing autographs and taking pictures and talking to fans in the center of the mass of people. I made my way through the crowd until I was seen by one of her security guards. "Are you Bryanne Fulton?" He asked.

"Yeah." I yelled over the crowd.

"Okay." He nodded and took my hand pulling me the rest of the way through the crowd, suitcase in hand.

"Hey Taylor." I tapped her on the shoulder between fans.

"Hey Bry, sorry about the crowd."

"It's okay. I would've been in this crowd before I met you."

"Ah, well, hang on." She stood tall and everyone fell silent almost immediately. "Hey guys, I love you all and thank you for supporting me! I would love to meet everyone, but I have to go. Remember my new album 1989 comes out on Monday! Thank you for understanding." She waved and the security guards made a path through the crowd for us.