Giving the Good News

I went back to school on Wednesday. I went through all my classes until it was time for choir. I'd been listening to 1989 almost nonstop. I'd have to say my favorite song is either Bad Blood, Clean, or I Know Places. I walked into the choir room and Mrs. McDevitt waved me over to the piano. "Okay so, the song that I want you to have a solo in is Clean by Taylor Swift."

"Yay! I love that song!" I jumped happily, smiling.

"I'm glad because I was hoping you could supply the main vocals and the group could sing backup for you."

"I-I don't know about that."

"Please, just think about it?"

"Alright."

"Great and if you ever want to practice, the piano is here after school. Feel free to stay after."

"Thank you."

We practiced some music and then class was over.

I went to the rest of my classes then went home. I went straight up to my room and texted Taylor. "Can you Skype?"

"Yeah."

I grabbed my laptop and accepted Taylor's call.

"So what's up?" She said when I answered.

"Nothing much, I just wanted to tell you that I'm singing a solo in Clean for the Spring Break concert and I might be singing all the main vocals and have the group back me up."

"That's incredible! I hope you get to!"

"Yeah, it's my decision wether I do or not."

"Do you want to?"

"Maybe. I mean, yeah I do, but I don't know if I could in front of all those people."

"You should. You'd rock it."

"Thanks Tay!" I smiled.

"So when's the concert?"

"March 14."

"So you've got time to think about it."

I nodded.

"Well, I should go, I need to get ready for Jimmy Kimmel Live! tonight."

"Okay, bye! Good luck! You're going to slay!"

"Thanks."

I waved and she did too as I ended the call.

I grabbed my phone and texted Demi. "Hey can we Skype?"

"Of course."

I opened Skype and called Demi. She appeared on the screen. "Hey hey hey!"

"Hey." I smiled at her perkiness.

"What's up?"

"I got picked to do a solo in the school chior's Spring Break Concert!"

"That's awesome! What song?"

"Clean by Taylor."

"That's a really pretty song."

"I know. I got asked to not just do a solo but to sing all the main vocals with the rest of the choir as backup."

"So are you going to do that then?"

"I don't know, I'd like too. I'm just nervous to."

"If you really want to, go ahead and do it. I'm always nervous before shows."

"You are?"

"Of course. Everyone gets nervous."

I smiled. "I'm going to do it."

"Good for you. When's the concert?"

"March 14. The day before we have to start promoting 'Freeze'."

"How lucky is that?"

"I know! I'm so glad I'll be able to go to it. I love choir."

"I'm really happy for you, but I gotta go Nick's coming over soon and I'm still in my pajamas."

"Okay, you two have fun. Use a condom!" I laughed as I ended the call.

A minute later my phone buzzed. It was Demi. "U think you're hilarious don't u?"

"Pretty much yeah, Y?"

"Somebody had a big bowl of Sarcasm Cereal for breakfast."

"I don't know who you're talking about. I had an apple on the way to school."

"nIn"

"What's that mean?"

"I'll give u a hint. The 'l' is my middle finger."

"nln to u too."

She didn't text me back after that. I shrugged my shoulders and texted Niall. "Hey."

He responded a minute later. "Hey babe."

I smiled and responded. "Not much. I have exciting news tho"

"What?"

"I might do a solo performace of Clean by Taylor Swift for my choir's Spring Break concert."

"THAT'S SO COOL BABE!!!!!!!!! I'M SOOOOOOOO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Thanks :)"

"When's the concert?"

"March 14. Can you come?"

After a minute I get a text. "No, sorry, we've got a concert in New Hampshire that day. :("

"Awww :( You've made me sad."

"Sorry babe... I really wish I could go..."

"I know... I gotta go." I texted.

"Okay, have a good night B"

"You too Ni"

________________________

Sorry this chapter is so crappy. I really couldn't think of anything. This is just a filler. Drama coming soon! I promise!!!!!!!! 1.3k reads?????? Thanks so much!!!!! I love you all 😘

DFTS

-My_Next_Mistake