chapter 10✿

I barely slept at all last night. All I could possibly think about was Luke. I couldn't understand it myself, why I was about to kiss him yet the night before I was crying over Ian. If I wanted Ian back, I obviously shouldn't be going around almost kissing guys, especially my brother's best friend.

I take out my phone and decide to call Ian. I put my caller id on blocked so he wouldn't ignore the call. After a few rings he picks up. 

"Hello?" He says into the phone. 

"Don't hang up." I say, my voice small. 

He huffs. "Why are you calling?"

"Why can't you just believe me? Nothing is going on with Luke. Ian for god's sake, he's Michael's best friend! Please believe me." I plead. 

He sighs, and goes silent for a while before finally speaking up. "I've missed you, you know."

I smile. "I've missed you too. So much."

We talk for a while afterwards, before I finally hang up. 

Just then, a knocking came from the opposite side of my bedroom door. 

"Come in." I say. 

And of course, in walks Luke fucking Hemmings.

"So you're back with him?" He says with his eyebrows furrowed. 

"What are you even doing here?" I ask, avoiding his question. 

He doesn't need to know about my relationships. 

"Answer my question." He says, shutting my door.

I huff. "For your information, yes we're back together. But, I really don't see how it's any of your business."

He rubs his face with both of his hands. "And what about last night?"

I bite the inside of my lip, "What about it?" I ask even though I clearly know what he is talking about. 

"Don't give me that shit, May. You know what I'm talking about." He says, coming closer to me and lowering his voice. "I really wanted to kiss you, I still do. And I know for a fact that you wanted to kiss me too." 

I close my eyes and sigh. "It was in the heat of the moment. You were saying nice things and I had too many drinks." I lie. 

"You seemed fine to me."

"Look, I should go get ready. I'm going out today and you should get back to Michael." I say, walking to my bathroom en-suite. 

"But-" He begins. 

"I'll see you around, Luke." I cut him off, shutting the bathroom door behind me. 

After my shower, I get ready and go downstairs, hoping Luke had left. I didn't actually have plans today like I said, So I didn't want him to catch me in that lie. I walk into the kitchen to see my mother sitting at the table. I don't say anything to her as I go into the fridge to grab a drink. 

"Hello to you too." She slurs, clearly drunk. 

"I don't really care to associate with a drunk. Especially this early. Seriously, Mum? You're drunk and it's only noon, but then again, that shouldn't come as a surprise around here." I say, lowering my voice at my last words. 

"Don't speak to your mother like that!" She yells, standing up from her chair. 

"What are you gonna do, hit me?" I yell back at her. 

"Why the fuck did you even bother coming to town! Just go back to your asshole of a father and leave me and your brother alone." She says. 

"Excuse me? I didn't even come here for you. I came to see Michael. He needs some real family in his life."