chapter 47✿

"What are you talking about?" I dare to ask.

"It doesn't concern you." She says.

My mind instantly thinks back to all the times she kept talking about her so called 'mistake'.

"Just because of the one mistake I made so many years ago doesn't mean you or your father are better than I am." "I don't regret doing what I did."

Is this what she is talking about now? God I hope not. She can't actually mean what I think she does.

"What's going on? Mum, what are you doing here?" Michael asks as he walks through the door.

"Good you're here. We're just about to have a long over due family discussion." She slurs.

Michael sighs heavily. "You're drunk. Just go home."

"No, I think it's time you both know the truth. Since you already hate me, this probably won't make a difference."

"Truth about what? What are you talking about?" I ask.

"I think i'm gonna go." Luke says uncomfortably.

"Good idea." My mother barks back.

"No, you're family." Michael says to Luke.

My mother sits at the kitchen table and motions for us to come and sit with her. I slowly walk over and sit across from her. Luke and Michael sit on both sides of me.

"Okay, now truth about what?" I ask again.

"Your father."

Michael and I both look at each other. Oh no, I think I know what's coming next.

"Or should I say, your father." My mother says as she points to me.

I furrow my eyebrows. "What do you mean?"

"He's only your father. Not Michael's."

My heart sinks. She can't possibly be telling the truth. She's drunk, she is probably making all this up. She has to be.

"What are you talking about? Of course he is." I say.

She shakes her head. "Not biologically."

I look at Michael to see his blank facial expression.

"Who's my father then?" Michael finally speaks up after a few minutes of silence.

"That's not important." She shrugs.

He pushes his chair out violently as he stands up and slams his hand on the table.

"Just tell me who the fuck he is! Be honest for once in your fucking life damn it!" He screams.

He has every right to be this angry, but I just hate seeing him this way. How could our parents kept this a secret for almost twenty years?

"His name is Timothy, and I was madly in love with him." She says.

"Oh god." I cringe in disgust. How can she be in love with a man who abandoned his own child?

"I had an affair with him. Your father found out but he said he would raise you as his own. But I didn't want your father, I wanted Tim. So I went to find him. When I told him I was pregnant he said he wanted nothing to do with me, so I went back to your father." She explains as if it's no big deal.

"You cold hearted bitch!" Michael yells.

"Mikey, calm down." I lightly hold his forearm.

"No! Dad is an amazing man! He told you he would raise me even though I wasn't his and you still walked out to try and find that bastard?! How heartless can someone be?" Michael screams.