chapter 75✿

The movie credits come on and Calum flicks on the lights. 

"You guys up for another movie?" Calum asks.

Luke looks at me but I subtly shake my head.

"Nah, man. I'm really tired. I think i'm going to head home." Luke says.

"May, Ash, how about you guys?" Calum asks.

"Uhh.." I start.

Calum chuckles then nods his head. "Right, Luke's leaving."

"No it's not that, i'm just really tired, too." I say honestly.

He nods his head. "Okay."

I stand up and shake the crumbs off my shirt that collected while eating tons of junk food during the movie. Luke stands up and does the same.

"You guys can take my car." Calum says, reaching into his pocket to grab the keys and tossing them to Luke.

"No man it's fine, we can walk." Luke says as he catches the keys.

"Nah seriously it's cool. I don't have anywhere to be tonight anyways. Just bring it back tomorrow." Calum tells us.

"Thanks, Cal." I smile. I really am tired and walking home would not be my first choice.

Luke and I walk over to the entrance and slip on our shoes. We open the door to leave when Calum stops us.

"Oh, wait a sec." Calum says.

We turn around to face him.

"My mom's having some sort of this dinner party for my parent's twentieth anniversary tomorrow night. Can you guys all come? It's at eight and I really don't want to surrounded by a bunch of old people all night." 

"Yeah, sure!" I say.

"Okay, it's black tie by the way." He says.

Luke groans. "Forget it, i'm not going." 

"Yes you are." I say, looking up at him.

"No i'm not." Luke mumbles.

Calum looks at me, desperate for me to get Luke to come.

"We'll be here at eight." I assure him as I take Luke's hand in mine and walk out the door.

I get in the passenger seat of the car and Luke gets in the driver.

"We're going to that party." I tell Luke after several minutes of silence.

I know Luke wants to go, he just loves to be difficult. 

"You know I hate dressing up." 

"Please? For me?" I say, putting my hand on his arm.

He glances at me before returning his eyes to the road.

"We'll see."

"Come on, please?" I ask again, more whiney this time.

"We'll see, May." He says again, more sternly this time.

I huff as I cross my arms and slouch into my seat immaturely.

Several minutes later we pull into my apartment building driveway. I unbuckle my seatbelt and start to get out of the car.

"No kiss?" Luke asks.

I bend back down and look at him. "I thought you were coming upstairs?" 

"Oh." Luke says as he turns the car off and gets out of the car. 

He takes my hand in his as we get in the elevator to go upstairs. We get to my apartment and I turn the key to open the door. I walk into my bedroom, Luke following me. We both sit on my bed as I open my laptop up and go onto video chat. I click Michael's name and watch as it rings.