chapter 18✿

"Mikey, hey." I say, my voice shaky.

"Hey. Look, i'm sorry." Michael says.

He's sorry? Was I hearing him right?

"What?" I ask.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have acted that way with Ian. If you really like him, then i'll try my best to act civil with him. I just don't want to do anything to lose you, May." Michael says.

This wasn't what I expected at all. I had expected him to come bursting through the front door fuming and attack Luke. I guess Ian didn't tell him.

"You don't have to do that, Mikey." I says with a small chuckle.

"Oh thank god," Michael lets out a breath. "But why?"

"We uh, we kinda-uh-we broke up." I stammer.

Michael's eyes widen. "What? When? Why? Did he do something to you? Did-"

"Easy there twenty questions." I laugh.

"Well? Why did you guys break up?" He asks again.

"It just wasn't working out." I lie.

"May, that's bull. You were so into him. How could it not have been working?" He pesters.

"I just don't want to talk about it okay? I don't need my brother knowing all the details of my personal life." I say.

"Okay, i'm sorry. But are you okay?"

I smile and walk over to Michael, embracing him in a hug. 

"I'm fine, Mikey. It's for the best, really." I say.

Michael pulls away and looks me in the eyes. "You'd tell me if he did something to you though, right? Like if he was pressuring you into doing stuff you didn't want to do?" He asks.

"Yes I would tell you. But that wasn't the reason we broke up. Please let's just drop it." I say.

"Okay. But i'm hear if you do want to talk about it. Do you guys want to come over to Calum's with me tonight?" Michael asks, doing his best to change the subject.

"No, I think i'm just going to go to bed early tonight, it's been a long day."

It wasn't a complete lie, but I'd much rather spend the night alone with Luke. I glance at him in hopes that he'd catch on.

He does.

"Yeah, I'm gonna stay in tonight too. I need to clean up the house since my mom's coming home in a couple days." Luke says.

"You guys are so boring. Alright, well i'll see you tomorrow morning." Michael says as he waves bye and walks out the door.

"You're so not sleeping early tonight." Luke says as he grabs me by the waist and pulls me closer to him.

"And you're so not cleaning tonight." I smirk as I lean in to kiss him. 

It is gentle but captivating. Being with Luke is what felt right. 

I know I shouldn't be doing this seeing as I just broke up with Ian but, I needed to be with Luke. Ian and I broke up because of Luke, so I don't see a reason to mope over the fact that Ian and I are no longer together. This is exactly what I wanted. 

Although, I couldn't help but feel somewhat bad. Not over the breakup, but for the fact that i'm happy it's over. 

Luke's lips moulded with mine as he moves me backwards until my back hits the table. He lifts me up from my thighs and sits me on it, putting his body between my open legs. 

I begin to tug at the hem of his shirt, but he puts his hand over mine, stopping me.

"What?" I furrow my brows.

"Are- are you sure?" He asks, worry clear on his face.

I smile and nod my head. 

"I'm always sure when i'm with you."

With that, he lifts my shirt over my head and throws it to the ground and I do the same with his. His lips find mine again and his tongue licks my bottom lip, asking for entrance. I part my lips slightly as his tongue slips inside my mouth. I lean back until I am lying on the table. Luke climbs onto the table and hovers over me, leaving kisses down my neck, instantly causing me to moan. 

"You're positive?" Luke asks.

"Luke. Stop worrying. I want this." I say, cupping his face in my hands. 

"We really need to figure out what's going on here." He says, gesturing between us.

"Luke, this isn't the time do decide titles. Now shut up and kiss me." I say. 

And with that, Luke shuts up. His lips find mine once again and I gladly fight for dominance as our lips move in perfect sync. His hands begin to fumble with the button of my jeans when a voice breaks me from my consumed mind.

"What the fuck?" The voice says.