chapter 80✿

Today was the day. Graduation. I had waited 13 years for this day to come. Being in school for 13 years and now the day has come where it's actually ending.

"May, are you almost ready?" Luke asks as he comes into my room.

I finish zipping up my dress and look in the mirror one last time, fixing my makeup slightly. I did simple face makeup and darker eyes. I had on my simple white high neck dress and black heels. My hair was down and wavy.

"Yeah, i'm ready." I say as I turn to face him.

"You look beautiful." He says as he comes over and kisses the top of my head.

I smile slightly, silently thanking him.

"We better get to the ceremony before I end up having to sit in the back." Luke chuckles.

"It's fine if you sit in the back don't worry."

"Are you kidding?" Luke furrows his eyebrows. "My beautiful girlfriend is graduating today. Fuck sitting in the back, i'll be in the front row."

"Okay." I say.

We get into the car and start to drive over to the high school.

"May, i'm really sorry about Michael." Luke says after a few minutes of complete silence.

"I'm over it." I shrug my shoulders.

"No you're not."

He's right. I'm not. Michael called me when Luke and I got back from the cabin and told me that he's so behind in all his school work that he won't be able to make it. And besides that, Cora has been really sick and even though she told Michael to come here, he said he doesn't feel right about leaving her all alone. I told him I understand which I do, it just completely ruins the day for me that my brother isn't here for me.

"I'll be there. So will Calum and Ashton. And your dad is meeting us at the school too." Luke says.

"I know. It just won't be the same without Mikey there." I say honestly.

We arrive at the school and go into the gym where the ceremony is set up. I take a graduation gown from the rack and put it on over my dress.

"Well don't you look beautiful." I hear my dad's voice approaching me.

I turn to face him and a smile immediately covers my face. "Dad!" I exclaim as I engulf him in a hug. I haven't seen my father since my mother died, barely spoken to him even.

"I can't believe you're graduating kiddo." He says with a proud smile on his face.

"Yeah. A lot changes after today." I sigh.

Knowing what I am referring to, he sighs too. "I know, princess. It'll be hard at first but hey, that's life. Sometimes people have to make sacrifices in order to to what's best for themselves."

I nod my head. "Well, I better go sit with the rest of the class. Luke's sitting in the front row with Calum and Ashton if you wanted to go sit with them." I say before I walk over to the chairs reserved for the graduating class.

"Hey uh, May?" Brooke says from behind me.

I roll my eyes. "What?"

"I just want to say i'm truly sorry for everything i've done to you, and to Luke. I was such a bitch to you and I completely understand why you hate me. I know we'll never be friends again but I just hope we can end on okay terms before we graduate and probably never see each other again? I know I don't deserve it, I just hope you'll find it in your heart to forgive me." She says, tears almost brimming in her eyes.