chapter 36✿

It's been five days since Michael's been home, and everything is starting to feel normal again. The night he came back, we spent the day together and then went back to Cora's. When Michael had gone to the bathroom, I quickly explained the whole situation to Cora. She told me she understands and that I can stay at her house for as long as I want.

I haven't seen Luke these past five days. It's not that I don't want to because believe me, I do. But there just hasn't been any opportunity for me to get away from Michael without him being suspicious of where i'm going.

We were currently sitting at her dinner table; Her, Michael and I.

"Hey Cora, i'm sleeping at Brooke's tonight, did you want to come?" I ask her, widening my eyes slightly in hopes that she'll catch on as to where i'm actually going. Luke's.

"You are? She didn't say anything to me." She says.

"Oh, she asked me to ask you." I lie.

She shrugs. "Sure."

"Wha―you want to?"

"Yeah why not? It'll be fun."

"Bu―but," I try to think of an excuse. "You'll be leaving Mikey all alone."

"Michael, do you mind if May and I go to Brooke's for the night?" She asks, clearly not catching on to anything i'm saying.

"I don't care." Michael says, not taking his eyes off his phone.

"Great." She smiles.

"Okay, let's go upstairs and pack a bag." I say, standing up from the table.

"I'm not done." She says, taking another bite of her food.

"Then we'll be fast." I tug her arm and pull her away from the table.

Once we're upstairs I smack her arm.

"Ow!" She rubs her arm. "What gives?"

"Dude, i'm not actually going to Brooke's. I'm going to Luke's. I just needed a cover story. You were supposed to catch on and say you didn't feel like coming." I explain.

"What am I? Psychic?"

I laugh. "Sorry. I've just really been missing him."

"I understand. Go, have fun!" She says. "But not too much fun." She winks and I roll my eyes.

"Tell Luke I say use protection." She laughs and says a little too loud.

"Shh!" I shush her. "Michael will hear you!"

"Shit, sorry!" She whispers. Now she decides to whisper.

"I'll see you tomorrow." I say as I walk downstairs and go into the kitchen to say bye to Michael.

"Michael?" I call. He's gone.

"Hey Cora? Where's Mikey?" I ask.

"He probably went to Calum's. He said something about him and Ashton going over there for a 'guys night'." She explains.

I nod. "I feel so bad that the guys have to split their time between Luke and Michael. I wish they could all just hang out together, like they used to." I say sadly.

"I know, but that's Michael for you. So dramatic. He'll talk to Luke eventually. He has to. People used to think they were in a relationship more than Michael and I were." She laughs, as do I.

"Alright well, i'll see you tomorrow." I say goodbye and walk outside.

-

I knock on Luke's front door, anxious to see him. The door opens to reveal a shirtless Luke.