chapter 48✿

It's been a week since my mother dropped the bomb on us about our father. Michael seems to be fine, but maybe he's just putting on an act. I haven't mentioned much about the whole situation to him, I don't want to open up wounds that have seemed to already heal for him.

"I'm leaving for school." I say through Michael's door. I don't dare open it seeing as Cora was over last night and I don't know if she left or not. 

I go down the elevator and open the door to Travis' car. He's been picking me up lately since Brooke and I haven't been speaking. I refuse to speak with her until she apologizes for the way she acted and what she said about Luke and I. 

"Morning." Travis says with a smile. We've completely moved on from the kiss and Luke punching him, which i'm thankful for. 

"Hey." I smile back.

"How's everything with Michael?" He asks. I told him all about it. He's the only person I feel like I can actually talk to right now, other than Luke of course. 

"The same. He's still acting as if nothing's wrong. He can't pretend forever." I sigh.

"Maybe this is just his way of taking it all in. You need to let him deal with it on his own terms. If he wants to talk to you about it, i'm sure he will." He tries to assure me.

"Thanks." 

"For what?" He asks.

"For letting me rant to you this past week about my family drama." 

"What are friends for?" He smiles. I return the smile and pull out my buzzing phone to see Luke's name on my screen.

"Hey babe." I answer the phone. I don't know why I called him that, it just came out. I can't help but notice Travis make an odd expression I can't decipher, but I decide to make nothing of it.

"Hey. Want me to pick you up for lunch? We can go to the diner if you want. It's too bad you couldn't stay in bed for a little bit longer this morning. I wish we could have done more than you just giving me head and me-" I see Travis quickly snap his head to me and then I realize my speaker must be loud enough for him to hear. I widen my eyes as I quickly turn down my speaker. 

"Yeah the diner sounds fine." I quickly cut him off. I am so beyond embarrassed. 

Luke chuckles on the other end and I mentally smack him for saying those things over the phone. "Who drove you to school?" He asks.

"Travis. We actually just got here so i'll call you later, okay?" I rush him off the phone.

"Oh, okay." He seems to notice. "I love you."

I smile weakly. Even though we say it to each other everyday, it still makes my stomach flutter. "I love you." I say as I hang up. 

Travis gets out of the car and begins to walk to the school doors without saying a word to me. I get out of the car and jog after him. 

"Travis!" I say. He stops and turns to me. "I'm sorry about what you heard. That was really awkward and I didn't know the speaker was even loud enough for you to hear it." I apologize to him.

He smiles a bit. "Hey don't sweat it. I need to get to class though or else i'll be late. See you later, May." He says as he walks off. He clearly made up an excuse because class doesn't start for another ten minutes, but he probably just didn't want to continue this awkward conversation. 

I walk to my locker and grab my binder, when I see someone stand beside me. I glance up to see Brooke opening her locker. I hate that we have lockers beside each other. She looks down at me and rolls her eyes before turning back to her locker. I roll my eyes right back as I shut my locker and quickly walk away, but I hear a voice call from behind me. 

"May!" Brooke calls out. I huff semi-dramatically and turn around. I really don't need her shit right now. Especially with everything happening with my family. 

"You dropped this." She walks closer to me and hands me a piece of folded up paper. 

I raise an eyebrow. I didn't drop anything. "That's not mine."

"Yes it is." She stares at me in the eyes before extending her arm further. 

Hesitantly, I take the paper from her and turn around. I walk to my class and sit at my desk. After settling in, I slowly unfold the piece of paper. 

Stay away from him.

What? Stay away from who?

---------

A/N hey guys sorry this was a super short and boring chapter but I have a lot of big things planned but I just need some filler chapters because I don't want it all to happen at once. Please comment and vote! It means sooo much to me and I read all the comments :)