chapter 45✿

Luke and I lay on my bed, recovering from our highs. What I feel at this exact moment is indescribable. I've never felt so close to someone before, and i'm glad that person is Luke. I rest my head on him as I plant a light kiss on his bare torso.

"Luke?" I ask.

"Hmm?"

"Was I―you know―okay?" I embarrassingly ask.

He lifts his head from the pillow and looks at me, cupping my cheek in his hand. 

"Are you kidding me, May? You were perfect. You are perfect." He smiles as he dips his head down to kiss me. 

"Who was the first person you lost it to?" I ask, biting my lip.

"No one important." He shrugs.

"Do I know her?" 

He sighs. "Uh, yeah. But it doesn't really matter."

I sit up on my forearms. "Tell me. I wanna know."

"You really wanna know?" He asks.

I nod. "I really do." 

He exhales deeply before speaking. "Cora."

I gasp and end up choking on my own spit. "Cora?! Does Michael know that?" 

He nods. "Yeah. But it was before they ever started dating. This was back in year nine."

I widen my eyes. "Year nine?! You lost your virginity in year nine? That made you what, fourteen at the time?" 

He laughs slightly. "Yeah. I had no idea what I was doing. It was by far the most awkward experience of my life."

I cover my face and giggle. "I can't believe you had sex with Cora."

"What about you? Who did you lose it to?" He asks.

"Uhh―I uh―"

"Was it a football player? Or some stoner kid? Oh, or was it―"

"You." I blurt out, "It was you."

"What?" His eyes widen. "You mean you were a―"

"Yeah. I know I should have told you but I was just embarrassed because I knew you weren't and I didn't want it to be awkward."

"Well was it okay? Did I make the experience okay?" He asks.

"It was better than okay. It's something i'm never going to forget. And what made it all the better was that it was with you. The only boy i've ever loved. "

Luke looks at me with an unreadable expression. What is he thinking? 

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I question.

Luke is broken from his thoughts and shrugs slightly. "No reason it's just," He stops.

"Just what?" Oh no. 

"It's just―for a virgin you really knew what you were doing." He smirks.

I shriek and slap his shoulder. "Luke!" I bury my face in the crook of his neck.

"Just saying, babe." He kisses the top of my head.

I was so lucky to have someone like Luke. Someone so caring, and passionate, and loving. He was truthfully the best person I know. I was so wrong to get mad at him over his past. 

"I'm sorry." I say.

"For what?" He asks.

I sit up, covering myself with the bed sheet. "For freaking out at your over what Brooke's friends told me. I shouldn't have even gotten mad in the first place. I didn't even know you then. And clearly you aren't that person anymore. I guess I was just overwhelmed to hear all that, that I kinda reacted badly."