chapter 17✿

I pull away from Luke immediately and shoot up from the bed.

"Ian! I can explain." I start.

"I fucking knew it. I was right all along. You really were whoring it around." Ian scoffs.

"Don't talk about her that way." Luke warns.

"Oh, so now you're going to tell me how to talk to my own girlfriend? Well, ex-girlfriend, I should say. Thanks to you." Ian says, pointing his finger at Luke.

"Ian, please. I was going to tell you." I say, tears beginning to form in my eyes.

"Right." Ian huffs.

"I can't believe you, May. After everything you and I have been through, you have the nerve to cheat on me with someone you've known for a few weeks." Ian says, sadness and anger both in his voice.

"I'm so sorry. This wasn't how I wanted you to find out." I cry.

"Did you fuck him? I bet you did since you just about give it up to anyone now." Ian yell.

"No! Of course I didn't. I didn't give it up to anybody, what are you even talking about?" I yell back.

"Well seeing as you cheated on me, anything could be possible."

I close my eyes and lower my head, "I really am sorry." I say, almost in a whisper.

"Yeah because saying you're sorry will make everything okay, right? Fuck you, May. Have a nice life." Ian says before turning and starting for the stairs.

"Ian wait-"

"Oh, and good luck coming back to Melbourne after the summer ends." He sneers before going down the stairs and slamming the door on his way out.

I raise my hands and cover my face. I couldn't manage to fathom what just happened.

"May?" Luke asks as he puts a hand on my shoulder.

"Don't." I warn as I shove Luke's hand off of me.

"Come on, you can't seriously be mad at me right now. I had no idea he would see us."

My eyebrows knit close together and my mouth forms a small 'o' shape.

"You cannot be serious right now. I shouldn't be mad at you? You're the whole reason Ian just broke up with me!" I yell.

"What the fuck? You didn't exactly push me off! You're just as much to blame as I am, if not more. I'm the one that's trying to comfort you here so don't act like such a-" Luke stops before calling me what I needed to hear least right now.

"A what Luke? Like such a what? Go on, say it." I egg him on.

He shakes his head. "I didn't mean that, okay? I'm sorry he caught us the way he did, but i'm not sorry he knows. Now there's nothing that will hold you back."

This kid couldn't be serious.

"You've got to be kidding me," I pinch the bridge of my nose, "Just get out, Luke."

My boyfriend of almost a year just broke up with me and all Luke has to say is 'now nothing will hold me back'?

"May, I-"

"Just go, Luke." I whimper.

The last thing I needed was to be alone right now, but it would even worse to be with Luke.

Luke lowers his head as he walks out of the room, closing the door behind him.

I know I shouldn't be pushing Luke away right now since this is what I wanted- at least I think I did. I couldn't help but think what if Luke is just some summer fling that'll end after these two months? He won't have lost anything afterwards meanwhile, I've just lost my boyfriend who will probably end up making all my friends back home hate me.

What was I thinking when I kissed Luke? Every. Single. Time.

I groan as a thought occurrs to me. What if Ian tells Michael?

I open the door and run straight into Luke's room, to see him sitting at his desk with his head down on it.

"Luke!" I cry.

"May, I already told you i'm sorry what more-"

"What if Ian tells Michael?" I panick.

He stands up and a sudden smile appears on his face. There's seriously something wrong with this kid.

"After all that, that's what you're worried about? Michael finding out?" He chuckles lightly.

"I don't know why you're laughing, this isn't a joke. You know how protective Michael is of me." I say.

Luke walks over to me and takes my hands in his.

"I'm not afraid of Michael. And if he does find out then we'll deal with it, together." He says with a comforting smile.

I look down at the floor. It was really hard to stay mad at him.

"I'm sorry for freaking out at you." I whisper.

"Hey, don't worry about it. I'd be freaking out too if the person I was dating for months walked in on me kissing-" He stops when he realizes what he's saying isn't making me feel any better. "Sorry." He smiles apologetically as he shrugs his shoulders.

"It's okay. I knew this was all going to happen eventually. I knew Ian would find out and I knew he would break up with me, I just wanted it to happen differently. But, I guess there isn't really a good way to deal with finding out you've been cheated on much less, witness it." I say.

"Yeah, I guess you're right." Luke say.

"So, what now?" I ask, looking up at Luke.

"We be together." Luke says bluntly.

"It isn't that simple."

"Well, you know how I feel already. The rest is up to you." Luke says.

"You know how I feel too, Luke. But-"

"So then why can't it be simple? What's there to figure out, May?" He asks.

"You promise me this isn't just some summer fling?" I ask him.

Luke raises his hands and brings them to my cheeks, cupping my face. "May, you're all I think about. Every second of everyday. I can't get you out of my head. I promise you, this won't just last for the summer. And as for your brother, we can figure that out when he finds out, but I won't let him stop us from being together." Luke says.

I smile and lean in, bringing my lips to Luke's. This is what felt right. The way our lips moved together. The way our tongues battled for dominance, I couldn't fight it any longer. Being with Luke is what felt right, and that's all that mattered to me right now.

As much as I felt bad for Ian, I didn't regret kissing Luke anymore. I may not know Luke quite as well as I know Ian, but maybe that's a good thing. A fresh start. I may not know what's to come for the future but for right now, I know I want to be with Luke. More than I've ever wanted to be with anybody before.

"May?" Michael calls from downstairs.

I pull away from Luke and widen my eyes in fear.

"Moment of truth." Luke says to me as he takes my hand in his and leads me downstairs.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N; okay hey guys so idk if people are actually reading this but if you are then thanks you're rad! Please vote because it only takes a second and it helps me know how many people are actually enjoying the story. x