chapter 50✿

"May, are you almost ready? We want to leave already!" Michael calls from the living room. Michael, Luke, Cora and I are all going to the party together, they're just waiting on me to be ready. I stand in the mirror and take one last look at myself. I'm wearing tight light wash jeans and a black thin strap lace tank top. My hair is curled and two strands are pulled back with a clip. I grab my phone from the charger and walk out into the living room. 

"Alright let's go." I say.

"Finally." Michael groans as he walks out the door with Cora.

I roll my eyes at him as I walk over to put my shoes on. 

"You look sexy as fuck." Luke mumbles into my ear. 

I bite my lip as I turn to look at him.

"Fuck, don't do that or else i'm gonna have to skip the party and go back into your bedroom with you." 

I chuckle as I kiss his neck.

"As amazing as that offer sounds, I actually want to go tonight. For Michael." I say.

"Shall we then?" Luke smiles as he holds his arm out for me to link onto. I laugh as I link my arm onto his and walk downstairs to Cora's car. 

After a short while, we arrive at Calum's house. Just as everyone is stepping out of the car, I speak up.

"Is Brooke going to be here?" I ask.

Cora turns around to face me. "Yeah, of course. Why?" 

I shrug my shoulders as if nothing is wrong. "Just wondering." 

I step out of the car and Luke walks around to my side of the car. He takes my hand in his and squeezes it gently. "Just ignore her tonight, yeah?"

I nod my head. We walk towards the door and Michael opens it without knocking, as usual. Everyone is standing around the beer pong table. I scan my eyes around to small crowd and my eyes lock with Brooke.

"Hey guys!" She says overly cheery as she walks over to us. She gives Cora a hug and then turns to me. "Hey, May!" She says with a smile as she engulfs me in a hug before I can object. I look at Luke and he looks just as surprised as I am. She pulls away from the hug with a smile still plastered on her face.

"Wow. Not even fifteen minutes into the party and you're drunk already?" Cora jokes.

"I'm completely sober, just in a good mood. I have a feeling tonight is going to be a great night." Brooke says as she looks directly at me. My eyes turn into slits as I eye her. I cannot stand her. She is acting completely fake just so I won't tell Cora or anyone else about how much of a bitch she really is. How does she know I haven't told them already? For all she knows, they could all know the truth, but they don't. Except for Luke. 

"Come on, Michael! You're on my team for beer pong." Cora says as she takes my brother's hand and leads him over to the table. 

"Is it flip cup?" Michael asks. 

"Yeah, bro!" Ashton says, clearly already drunk.

"Nice! Luke, you're on our team!" Michael says as he waves Luke over. 

"May, you're on ours!" Calum says.

Luke looks over at me and I nod in confirmation, silently telling him it's fine. He hesitantly walks over to the table and stands on one side of the table with Michael, Cora, and another boy I don't know. 

I begin to walk over to the table when Brooke grabs my forearm. I turn back to face her with my eyebrows furrowed. 

"Just so you know, you might have came here with Luke, but I intend on going home with him." She sneers. "Yay, beer pong!" She changes her mood and walks over to the table.