chapter 12✿

I wake up to knocking at my door. I groan and put the covers over my face, suddenly remembering what happened last night. I pinch the bridge of my nose struggling to fight back tears. I stand up and walk over to the door.

I open it up to reveal Michael standing there.

"I said I didn't want you to wake me up." I raise my voice at him, annoyed.

He raises an eyebrow. "When did you tell me that?"

"I didn't. I told-" I pause, remembering I told Luke to tell Michael not to wake me up. I guess he didn't tell him. "Never mind."

"Okay," He says, stressing out the a. "Well I was just coming to wake you up because Liz is making breakfast."

I shake my head slightly. "I'm not hungry, Mikey."

"Don't be rude, May. Liz is letting us stay here so the least you could do is just eat the breakfast she cooked for you." He says, frustration clear in his voice.

"Fine. Let me just fix my hair up a bit." I say, walking over to the bathroom.

I walk into the bathroom and turn the tap on, splashing cold water on my face.

"What am I gonna do?" I whisper to myself.

I take a deep breath before opening the door, only to come immediately crashing into someone else. Of course.

"Can I help you?" I ask bitterly.

"I uh-I need to use the bathroom." Luke chokes out, obviously uncomfortable over what happened last night.

"Well you could knock and let me know instead of just standing there silently waiting." I bite.

"S-sorry." Luke stutters, biting the side of his lip, a nervous habit he had.

I start to feel bad. Luke was clearly uncomfortable and me being a bitch wasn't going to make it any easier.

"'S'okay. I'm gonna uh- go get breakfast." I tell him. He nods and I walk downstairs.

After a couple minutes, Luke comes downstairs to join Michael and I at the table.

"Aren't you eating, Mum?" Luke asks Liz as he sits down beside me. Great.

"No, honey. I already ate. I'm going to go grocery shopping though. I'll be back in a few hours." Liz says, walking out the door.

"Can you pass me the syrup?" I ask Michael.

"Get it yourself." Michael says with a mouthful.

I roll my eyes before leaning over the table, standing slightly and grabbing it.

As I sit back down, I feel a hand on my thigh. My head jerks to the right to face Luke. A small smirk plays across his face as he leans over his plate of food.

He clearly wasn't as uncomfortable as I thought. I smack his hand away subtly, so that Michael wouldn't notice. Not even twenty seconds later, Luke's hand once again finds my leg. He slides his hand towards my inner thigh and slowly begins to rub circles.

I couldn't deny that I was getting turned on by this, but this couldn't happen, especially not with my brother sitting 2 feet away. I clamp my legs together and once again take Luke's hand off my leg, side glaring at him.

"Are you guys done?" Michael asks.

"Done what?" I ask quickly.

"Uh, with your food?" He raises an eyebrow.

I exhale. "Oh, right. Yeah i'm done."

"Same." Luke answers.

Michael takes our plates and brings them into the kitchen. He acts as if this is his own house, I guess he really must spend a lot of time here.