Chapter 5

Chapter 5:

What kind of fate was this!

“You…why are you going to D City too!” Ye Zhou grabbed his hair. Why did his life suddenly have so many intersections with Shang Jin. Obviously, their first year in college, the two people didn’t say a word to each other?

“D City is a tourist city.”

Isn’t it? His hometown, D City, had mountains and water and food. He had always been proud of his hometown.

There was half an hour before check in. Ye Zhou and Shang Jin stood beside the guardrail, one listening to music and one looking at his phone. This was the most familiar pattern for two people to get along. After all, the two people were really unfamiliar. If it were someone else, Ye Zhou may have spent a bit of time to get to know the other party, but towards Shang Jin, this “scandal boyfriend”, of course, the farther away the better, even if there was no one there that they knew.

Checking in and entering the station, they remained silent the entire way.

Ye Zhou took his seat first, looked at Shang Jin and politely said, “My seat is here.”

Shang Jin hummed in acknowledgement and continued to move forward.

Ye Zhou turned to look back, not sitting down until he saw Shang Jin sit down.

On the train, there were many college students who were going home for the long holiday like him. Ye Zhou propped his head and looked at the scenery outside the window in a daze.

The decision to go home was quite abrupt. Until he got on the train, he hadn’t called back home.

Looking at the familiar number in his contacts, Ye Zhou hesitated a few times, but in the end, he still didn’t call them. Anyway, they would naturally know when he returned.

When he thought that he would be home soon, Ye Zhou’s heart couldn’t remain calm. He looked around, trying to find a target that he could strike a conversation with to help him divert his attention.

However, in this information society, everyone had a cellphone in their hand. All around him were the bow-down army (1), their bodies exuding a ‘don’t disturb me’ aura. Ye Zhou bowed his head and prepared to take out his tablet from his backpack to join the forces of the bow-down army. Suddenly, he touched two apples.

Recalling how Shang Jin had lied to Zhou Wendao before, no matter what, it was also for himself. Ye Zhou had never liked to owe other people. He took out his cellphone and sent a message to Shang Jin.

Ye Zhou: Eat an apple?

After the message was sent out, Ye Zhou stood up slightly and looked towards Shang Jin. Shang Jin took out his cellphone, looked at it, and then put it down again…put it down…put it down…

Ye Zhou simply stood up and picked up the apple to go to the washbasin at the end of the carriage. When he passed by Shang Jin’s seat, the other person didn’t lift his eyelids.

Shang Jin was looking at the magazine in his hand when suddenly, his face was chilled by an apple. An annoyed voice came from overhead. “Didn’t you see my text, classmate Shang Jin?”