Chapter 55

Chapter 55:

“Big brother, didn’t you say before that you wanted to take me to the amusement park?”

“I’ll take you next time.” Shang Jin put down the book on his leg as he sat by the window. Shang Youyou pouted in dissatisfaction. Clearly they’d agreed a few days ago, but in the end, the situation suddenly changed today.

A lot of ripe strawberries hung in the pot on the windowsill, brilliantly red and waiting for people to collect.

After seeing the strawberries, Shang Youyou continued to complain. Clearly they’d agreed before that when the strawberries turned red, they could be eaten. As a result, she’d looked forward to it for so many days, and finally, the first strawberry ripened. But her big brother’s words couldn’t be trusted!

Not only that, some time ago, he’d said that he would take her to the amusement park when it opened. Breaking her fingertips, she waited to this day with great difficult, but her big brother said they wouldn’t go.

Shang Youyou walked before Shang Jin and hmphed. Circling around the table once, when she passed Shang Jin, she gave another hmph.

Shang Jin didn’t lift his eyelids and continued read the book in his hand.

This time, Shang Youyou’s ‘hmph’ was even louder, with both hands crossed over her chest. Constantly sweeping Shang Jin out of the corner of her eye, she saw that Shang Jin didn’t look at her. She flung down her hands and Shang Jin lifted them off. Shang Youyou immediately crossed her arms and pretended to look very angry, but Shang Jin just turned a page in the book.

Seeing Shang Youyou was really angry, both stamping her feet and snorting, Shang Jin put down his book and beckoned at her. “Come here.”

Shang Youyou could see Shang Jin was calling her. She very stubbornly hmphed.

Shang Jin called again, “Youyou, come here.”

Shang Youyou flew toward Shang Jin and mouth still unwilling, said, “What’s the matter…”

“After two days, it’s Brother Ye Zhou’s birthday. Let’s give this to him, okay?” Shang Jin put the book on the table, and held Shang Youyou in his lap to discuss it with her. “Because it’s a gift, so we can’t eat it.”

Shang Youyou nodded, not really understanding. She played with Shang Jin’s finger and asked, “Then what about the amusement park?”

“There’s too many people today, and it’s very hot, so I’ll take you there in the fall.” Shang Jin stretched out his little finger and said, “Let’s pinky swear. This time, I didn’t consider it properly.”

Shang Youyou stretched out her finger and reluctantly agreed.

Hearing that Ye Zhou would go out on a date with Tang Dongdong, Shang Jin did intend to bring Shang Youyou to the amusement park. But on this day, Shang Jin stopped.

The decision to give Ye Zhou time was because he had a basic understanding of and trusted in Ye Zhou.

If he really did go today, whether he met Ye Zhou or not, his trust in Ye Zhou would be greatly compromised.