Chapter 44

Chapter 44:

When the two people entered the dorm, Wen Renxu, who was wiping his hair, was surprised, “Didn’t you two ride the car? How can you be wet like this??”

“The flower pot just fell downstairs. We went to pick it up.” Ye Zhou shook the umbrella in the bathroom and hung it on the hook, taking off his wet jacket. In fact, he also didn’t get soak too much by the rain: the wetness didn’t spread to his long-sleeved undershirt. On the contrary, Shang Jin had gotten soaked in the rain all the way since the end of class. He originally wanted to take out a dry towel and throw it on Shang Jin’s head. In the end, he saw Shang Jin’s hands were full of mud and said, “Why don’t you go shower first.”

“Let me settle this first,” said Shang Jin, putting a broken clay pot on the table full of books.

“Wait!!” Ye Zhou walked over in two or three steps, moved all the book on the table to his desk and put a draft paper in an empty place. “Put it here.”

Because it was a strawberry seedling, Ye Zhou had bought a small flowerpot with a ten-centimeter diameter. Now that the flowerpot was broken and the bottom had already been thrown into the trash can, it could only rely on the relatively large flower pot side fragment to hold a palm-sized lump of dirt. In this kind of weather, it also wasn’t good to go outside to buy a pot. Shang Jin placed as much soil in his hands as possible on the table. Many of the roots of the strawberry seedling were broken and only half of the largest leaf still remained.

Shang Jin had carefully dug out the strawberry seedling from the soil, and the main root wasn’t damaged.

His body was a bit cold, so he put the seedling to one side and said, “Forget it, take a shower and then fix it again.”

Ye Zhou lifted his sleeves and said, “I’ll help you fix it.”

“No need. You go eat first.” Shang Jin looked at the clock on the table and said, “It’s almost been an hour since the end of class.”

“Then I’ll help bring your meal.”

“Okay.” Shang Jin went to the window and used the rainwater to flush the dirt across the protective fence net. He then walked to the sink and wash his hands, taking his clothes to the bathroom.

When Ye Zhou brought back the meal, Shang Jin had also just showered.

After a simple meal, Shang Jin took out a piece of cardboard and simply made a carton and put a layer of soil into it. Then, he transplanted the seedling. Putting it next to Ye Zhou’s flowerpot, they were completely two different styles.

Ye Zhou lamented, “It was clearly bright and beautiful in the morning. After only a few hours, it changed beyond recognition.”

“Isn’t it only changing appearances? As long as it can bear strawberries, there’s no difference with before.” Shang Jin pushed the two seedlings in again, “This is good.”

This torrential rain came quickly and also went fast.

The next morning, the blue sky was like it was washed clean and bright. The sun once again hung in the sky. With yesterday’s experience, no matter what was said, Ye Zhou didn’t dare to put the two potted plants next to the fence.