Chapter 64

Chapter 64

“Ai ya ya.” School was going to start soon. Ye Zhou was lying in bed and happily counting a stack of money. “Looking at them gives a sense of surety.”

Shang Jin glanced at him and continued to look at the game on the screen.

Ye Zhou sat up and taking out two pieces, scraped Shang Jin’s cheek and said, “Beauty, give this young master a smile and this is yours.”

Shang Jin immediately took out a wad of money from the drawer and threw it on Ye Zhou.

“You want to humiliate me with money?” Ye Zhou yelled, “I tell you, you’ve succeeded!” Ye Zhou finished saying and stuffed all the money on the bed into his own private stash.

At the end of the instance, Shang Jin turned to see Ye Zhou with his head down, his bangs completely covering his eyes. He reached out and raised up his hair. “You have to cut your hair.”

“Really?” Ye Zhou held his private stash and said, “Let’s go out to get a haircut in a moment, and we can deposit the money along the way.”

Since Shang Jin didn’t ask for a penny from his family, Ye Zhou started his penny-pinching mode. Once he’d spent money extravagantly, but now he began to budget how to spend the money. Even the money his parents gave him, he no longer touched it.

In certain places, the two people were surprisingly familiar.

Thinking that one day he might have a falling out with his family, he was being economical now, trying to be separate from his family. This way, he’d have more confidence even if he left.

The two aunties asked me if I was still tutoring after I start school. I feel that time is a bit tight and I rejected it.” In fact, Ye Zhou’s heart was dripping blood. He seemed to see the red bills bid farewell one by one. Originally, Ye Zhou had only tutored Little Qiu in middle school math and English. Later, when he was chatting, Ye Zhou accidentally mentioned that he’d helped Shang Ming improve his score by 50 points in the third year of high school, and another aunt with a child in the third year of high school persuaded him to tutor her child. Ye Zhou had only graduated two years ago, so he was more comfortable with the high school curriculum. For that high school senior student, he crammed him well in that half month of summer vacation. Then the high school senior took the exam in August. His score that couldn’t be raise in life and death actually raised by 20 points. His parents were so happy, they gave Ye Zhou a big red envelope. “But I added the two students’ WeChat and told them that if they had any questions, they could send a text to me. When I go back for Lunar New Year, I’ll look for my senior year materials.”

Shang Jin smiled. “If you let Sun Xiaohao pass the college entrance exam, I think Uncle Sun would send you a banner.”

Ye Zhou complacently said, “Thinking of that year, Shang Ming’s parents wanted to send me one, but I put a stop to it.”

“Why?” Although he’d never seen Ye Zhou’s parents, Shang Jin could feel from Ye Zhou’s words that they’d be people who loved face. If a friend’s parents visited their home to express their gratitude, that’s giving enormous face.

Ye Zhou curled his lips and said, “Even if they went, they would only say that it was nothing.”

Seeing Ye Zhou’s mood wasn’t high, Shang Jin simply changed the topic.