Chapter 67

Chapter 67

One might ask: what should the mood be like after the brothers “buried the hatchet”?

Was it joyously reminiscing on the past or was it exuberantly looking forward to the future?

No! Neither!

When Ye Zhou’s heart was at its weakest, Ye Heng suddenly said what he was most concerned about, making him unable to reflect on it at all!

Ye Zhou took a sip of coffee and pretended to ask carelessly, “What about Shang Jin?”

“While on the road, everyone we met asked you about Shang Jin. You two aren’t ordinary friends, right?”

Ye Zhou’s eyelid twitched. He’d specifically not let Shang Jin come over because he was afraid that their relationship would be exposed. But now, his brother hadn’t seen Shang Jin, so how did he begin to suspect? This was unscientific!

He carefully organized his words, “Our relationship…is pretty good.”

Ye Heng looked at his expression and probed, “So good that you can live together?”

Ye Zhou was so scared that he couldn’t hold his spoon and accidentally dropped it in the coffee cup. He hadn’t drank much coffee and a few drops splashed on his hand.

Originally, Ye Heng was just bluffing him and wasn’t expecting Ye Zhou to have such a big reaction. Understanding clearly in his mind, he took out a napkin and cleaned the coffee on Ye Zhou’s hand, rebuking him, “You’re so careless when drinking coffee.”

Ye Zhou with a deathly pale face didn’t understand where he’d been exposed.

Ye Heng sighed and said, “I understand that there’s extremely good friends in the university who become like Siamese twins. But what’s so taboo about it?”

Ye Zhou vainly wanted to make a final struggle, “We…we’re just…”

“If you and Shang Jin are ordinary good brothers, your roommates wouldn’t have to help you to cover up once they heard that I was your brother,” Ye Heng interrupted him, laying down his conjecture point by point, “In the entire dorm room, there’s minimal differences between your desk and the one across from it, which are in sharp contrast with the brimming tables on the side. And when you went back to the dorm today, there was a chair next to me, but you took two more steps and very familiarly pulled out the chair across from you, subconsciously going to the thing that you’re close to. If I’m not mistaken, the opposite desk should be Shang Jin’s, right?”

Ye Zhou in thousands, or tens of thousands of calculation, wouldn’t have been able to figure out that Ye Heng would have been able to see through the secret he wanted to conceal from these small details.

Ye Zhou took a quick look at Ye Heng and felt like his heart was in a mess. He wasn’t sure what Ye Heng’s purpose was in saying this, and what he would do next.

“Why do you look like the world’s about to be destroyed?” Ye Heng chuckled lightly, “Do I look like such an unreasonable person?”

Ye Zhou looked at him in uncertainty, not daring to speak. He hadn’t spoken two sentences before he’d exposed himself thoroughly. Now, he didn’t dare to say anymore and acted like a mute.