Chapter 73 (extra)

Chapter 73

It was their senior year's winter vacation, their last winter vacation in college.

Ye Zhou planned to bring up what he'd been worried about in his heart during the Lunar New Year and simply come out of closet.

"Coming out of the closet?" Shang Jin's first reaction was to reject it, but he thought over it again and there didn't seem to be any reason to object. They basically had no classes as seniors in their last semester, and they'd enter graduate school immediately afterwards. Frankly, Ye Zhou would return home less and less in the future, and even though they hadn't graduated yet, they were still truly independent. Even if he was driven out, there was nothing to worry about. Shang Jin turned his attention back to the computer and said, "Come out if you want to."

Ye Zhou took a deep breath. He hadn't returned yet, but he couldn't help but imagine his parents' reaction in his mind.

Shang Jin set the computer aside and sat side-by-side with Ye Zhou. He held Ye Zhou's hand and said, "Don't worry. They definitely won't accept it."

Ye Zhou clicked his tongue and said, "Do you comfort people like this?"

"I'm not comforting you." Shang Jin leaned back on the couch and said, "I'm just letting you know how big the challenge you'll be facing next is. But so what? Classmate Ye Zhou has never been afraid of challenges."

Ye Zhou said without confidence, "The decision is in the other's hands and I'm helpless. How can I challenge it? It's going to wait for the verdict. Until now, my parents have always valued face as important as the heaven. I think they'd say I caused them to lose face."

Shang Jin let out a small laugh and said, "You've never earned any face for them yet, so how can you lose face?"

Even if it were so, speaking so plainly doesn't make your heart ache??

What's even more surprising was that he was actually comforted. Since young, his parents resented that him being second made them lose face. In any case, they'd already lost face so many times that it didn't matter if it's one time more.

Thinking so, Ye Zhou suddenly didn't feel burdened with guilt anymore.

After speaking with Shang Jin, Ye Zhou planned to also tell this to his brother.

Once Ye Heng heard this, he worked extra shifts before the end of the year and finally squeezed in a few days of vacation, buying the same return ticket with Ye Zhou.

After all, he understood his parents. They wouldn't get physical, but they were absolute experts in emotional abuse.

Shang Jin drove the Ye brothers to the airport on the day of their return.

Ye Zhou's mood wasn't particularly high and was moody along the way, saying very little.

Shang Jin gently hugged him and said in his ear, "Don't worry, I'm behind you."

Ye Zhou laughed and pushed him away. Not wanting Shang Jin to worry, he joked, "Are you my shadow?"

"I'd like to be." Ye Zhou's heart was softer than his. If he could, Shang Jin wished he could replace Ye Zhou to go through this ordeal. But there were many things in the world that one must complete alone. "When you come back, I'll come pick you up."