Chapter 18

Chapter 18:

With the swivel chair, Ye Zhou had a lot more freedom moving around the dorm.

Can finally live on his own!

Regarding Shang Jin’s good intentions, Ye Zhou was unwilling to accept it without a good cause.

“That…the money…”

Shang Jin didn’t give him a glance and said very generously, “Little money, doesn’t matter.”

This sentence blocked Ye Zhou and made him unable to call him out and also unable to calmly accept it.

‘Give and take’, Ye Zhou could only take advantage of when there was no one in the dorm to help Shang Jin tidy up his things, and doing things to the best of his ability.

As for why it was when no one was there?

Of course it was because Shang Jin and his unclear relationship hadn’t been straightened out in front of his classmates, and the roommates were extremely enthusiastic about creating opportunities for them. If they knew that Ye Zhou took the initiative to help Shang Jin organize and tidy up, they’d certainly give a thumbs-up to ‘Like’ his “virtuousness”!

What Ye Zhou didn’t know was that whenever Wen Renxu and Liu Yutian saw the two similar desktops of Ye Zhou and Shang Jin, the two always exchanged a look and ran to the dorm next door to report the battle results.

It really could be described as “the flaw in the plan”.

The cold autumn rains washed away the fallen leaves. The campus students had to put on their sweaters and usher in the midterm exams.

Ye Zhou’s foot injury was also getting better, but in the final recovery period, Ye Zhou was still very careful and especially worried about a moment of carelessness aggravating the injury again.

So before the midterm exams, while most of the classmates carried their books and went to the library to ‘clasp Buddha’s feet (1) when danger arises’, Ye Zhou still stayed in the dormitory to review.

On the early weekend morning, Liu Yutian and Wen Renxu finished washing up and took their textbooks to the library.

Before closing the door, Liu Yutian stuck out his head and teased, “Then both of you review well in the dorm.”

The word “well” was particularly meaningful.

Wen Renxu, outside smiling, added a sentence, “We will come back much later! Rest assured.”

Ye Zhou pulled the corners of his mouth. Why on earth would he need to rest assured.

“You guys quickly go. Be careful that there’s no seats left in the library!”

“Yo yo yo, this is rushing people.” Liu Yutian smiled and banged shut the dorm door.

Being teased too many times during this period of time, Ye Zhou was entirely too lazy to continue explaining the issue again. Anyway, he had no object now. The one he had a good impression of didn’t know him. Reputation or whatever, it didn’t matter.