Chapter 24

Chapter 24:

As it entered December, some classes had ended and the after-school time became longer and longer.

Ye Zhou really did as he said and began to earnestly prepare for the exam. In addition to reading the textbooks, he often hung around the library to read financial-related books. When he returned at night, he paid attention to the current news, completely occupying the extra time after school.

And Shang Jin officially began the life of a 405 “left-behind child”. Every time the semester was quickly approaching its end, it’d be like this. Only, this year felt particularly awkward.

Every time he took off his headphones and no longer heard the sound of Ye Zhou flipping through his books, or when he stood up, he couldn’t hear the other person ask a question, he always felt that something was missing.

When the cold air struck, the surrounding people discussed everyday whether it was going to snow. However, the snow didn’t come as expected, but they found that it was replaced by the heavy rain.

In this bad weather, the “Shang Ye Number” suddenly became a hot commodity.

Since there weren’t many courses, Ye Zhou and Shang Jin wouldn’t use the little pedicab for anything except for classes. The library was only 15 minutes away from the male dormitory, so Ye Zhou directly walked there each time, while Shang Jin directly stayed in the dormitory.

The small three-wheeler was also left there when not in use. So when someone asked Ye Zhou to borrow it, Ye Zhou would notify Shang Jin before lending the car out.

Originally thinking that today would be an exception, but he didn’t expect that, at 5:30PM, Liu Yutian would mincing walk back and forth next to Shang Jin, but not say what was the matter.

Staring at the computer, Shang Jin saw him walking around in his peripheral vision and waited for him to open his mouth.

Liu Yutian stood behind Shang Jin’s back and gestured to Wen Renxu with his eyes. Wen Renxu frowned and didn’t respond. Liu Yutian looked at Shang Jin’s cold expression and mustered up his courage. “Shang Jin.”

Shang Jin took off his headphones and waited for the next words.

“Can you lend us your pedicab? It’s raining now, and we want to go to X Supermarketー”

Not waiting for Liu Yutian to finish, Shang Jin handed him the key on the table.

“Thank you! I’ll bring you some strawberry candy.” Since the last time Ye Zhou had Wen Renxu brought them, the people in the 405 dorm basically knew that Shang Jin liked to eat strawberry candy. Liu Yutian took the key and quickly left the dorm with Wen Renxu.

Following the dorm door closing, Shang Jin was somewhat bewildered. Why was everyone so bold and self-confident when they looked for Ye Zhou to borrow the car, but when it came to him, they were so extremely feeble? Did he look like such a stingy person?

ding-dong” came the beep from the phone. Shang Jin picked it up from the table. It was a message from some website. He switched this off and at the same time, as if demons and gods were at work, his fingers tapped open WeChat and refreshed his circle of friends.