Chapter Ten: The Hospital

“What?!” you yelled. Zayn was still freaking out. “Ni-Ni-Niall…. Car accident… He-He… I’ll explain later! Just please, please get ready we got to go!” he yelled. You knew he didn’t mean to yell but he was panicking. You got ready as fast as possible. Zayn was already ready and called Liam. “Hello?” he asked. “Yeah. We’re on the way. Yes. As soon as possible. Okay. Yeah. Please, tell Niall we’re coming for him. Okay. Thank you. Bye.” he said. You checked your phone. 16 missed calls. 2 from Eleanor and 2 from Danielle. 4 from Liam and 3 from Louis and 5 from Harry. Text Messages. 20 New Messages. 1 from Eleanor and 1 from Danielle. 5 from Liam and 3 from Louis. 10 from Harry. They all read the same thing. “Please call back ASAP!!!!” You finished packing up. “Come on love. We need to go now.” Zayn said as he grabbed both of your luggages and headed out the door. You’ve never seen Zayn so upset ever since your inncident. He actually got a police escort all the way back home. He needed to be there and now. “What happened?!” you asked trying to remain calm. “Ni-Niall…. Car accident…” he studdered again. Your heart stopped. “How?!” you asked. Zayn was in tears. “Apparently, Liam tells me that he-he nee-nee-needed to have a dri-dri-drive for a while to-to relax or wha-whatever. And… And-And- he wasn’t really pa-paying attention to-to-to the road. He ran-ran- into a-a-a-a lam-lam-lampost.” Zayn attempted saying. You were on the verge of tears. But you needed to stay stong for Zayn. You knew that if you started crying that would just get him even more worked up then he was now. Neither of you spoke for the whole ride. You put your arm around Zayn as he tried to calm himself down. You rubbed his shoulder repeatedly. You couldn’t stop thinking about what the damages could be. You arrived at the hospital quicker than you could imagine.

     “We’ve got to go!” Zayn shouted. He leaped out of the door. And grabbed your hand. He left all your luggage in the police car and raced to the enterance. “Niall!” Zayn shouted as he ran in. “Niall Horan.” he said running over to the front desk. You had a hard time keeping up with him. “Zayn!” Louis said. You all turned and saw that everyone was in the waiting room. Silent. “Zayn, Zayn calm down.” Louis said to him trying to consoul him. Zayn kept on crying. Louis sat him down next to him. Eleanor and Danielle now walked up to you. “Come here love.” Danille said as a tear streamed down her face. “Please, what exactly happened?!” you asked everyone. Louis was calming down Zayn who looked like he was going to die. Liam was just sitting there. Not crying or anything. He was still, emotionless. It was actually scary. Harry was tapping his foot as he sniffled. “Niall, got into an accident. He told us that he needed a drive.” Eleanor started off holding back tears. “He said he’d be back within a few minutes.” she started off. But couldn’t finish. “But, two hours had passed and we were all getting worried. We tried calling him but he’d never answer.” Danielle started. “But then Liam got a call, saying that Niall was in the hospital. He crashed into a lampost.” she finished. That was it. You broke down. Right when you started crying, Harry stood up and held you. “Calm down love. Calm down. Calm down.” he said to you as he rubbed your head and stroked your hair. “Ha-Ha-Harry.” you said with tears. He sat you down next to him. Eleanor and Danielle sat by eachother next to Liam. Trying to get him to say something. You looked up at Harry who had tears in his eyes. “Shhhh… Shhhh… Shhhh.” he said to you. You kept crying. “Niall will be fine.” he assured you as he kissed the top of your head. Shocklingly, you felt better. A few more minutes passed and everyone was quiet. Louis had managed to calm down Zayn. Liam was still stiff as could be.

     No one had any more tears. “Who’s here for Niall Horan?” a nurse came in and asked. You all stood up. Louis walked over to her. “We’re all here for Niall.” Louis told her. “Alright. Well his damages aren’t serious. No broken bones. He has quite a few cuts and bruises though.” she explained. “You all can go in and see him if you’d like.” she said. Louis looked over at everyone and motioned you all to come along into the room. Harry stood you up. Zayn came around you on the other side and put an arm on your shoulder. You all alked into the room to see Niall on the bed. The nurse was right. He had cuts and bruises everywhere. On his face, his arms, legs. It was horrifying. “Niall!” Liam somewhat shouted as he ran over to his bed. Everyone else followed. Liam went right over to him. “Hi Liam.” Niall said weekly. Now Liam showed some more emotion. He was broken. “Are you alright?” he swalled. Niall nodded. “I’m sore. But I’ll see alright.” he said. “I’m sorry about the van.” he started saying. Eleanor walked over to him. “The van is the last thing we’re worried about. As long as you’re alright.” she told him. He managed to smile a bit. “Hello Zayn.” Niall croaked as he looked at him. Zayn walked over to him and put his hand on his. “You’re alright mate?” he asked. Niall nodded. Zyn let out a fake laugh. “You’re strong.” he told him. Niall smiled this time. So did you. "Would you like us to leave you alone for a while? "Louis asked you. You nodded. He sighed. “Come on guys, I think we should let _____ and Niall chat.” Louis said. Everyone slowly said their goodbyes to Niall and walked out the door. “Everything will be alright.” Harry whispered to you as he walked out with the others. You slowly walked to the side of the bed. “_____?” Niall asked. You nodded. Then, he started to cry. “Niall, please.” you said. “No.” he answered. You wanted to cry too. “_____, I’m so so sorry. I was a jerk to you the other day. You have every right to be furious with me. I deserve it. I’m so so sorry. Please, forgive me.” he apologized. You looked into his eyes and saw that he was apologizing with all the strength he had within him. You nodded. “Don’t apologize. I’m sorry I was short tempered with you.” you said. “No-No. This isn’t your fault. It’s all mine. And I didn’t mean anything I said about you staying with Zayn for the whole summer. I was just angry and I jus-” he started going on again. “Shhh, shhh, shhhh Niall.” you said. Another tear streamed down his face.

     You took a look into his deep blue, bloodshot eyes. You moved closer towards him. He sat up a bit. You moved closer and closer. You leaned in. Right then and there, you kissed him. And he didn’t hesitate to kiss you back. You felt his lips against yours. You continued to kiss him. After a few seconds, you pulled away. It was obvious that Niall wanted more. He smiled, so did you. “Wow.” he whispered. You nodded at him and smiled. Then suddenly, Zayn came in. “Come on _____, Niall needs his rest.” Zayn said. You took another look at Niall. He smiled his biggest possible smile. You walked out of his room with Zayn. You couldn’t believe what you just did. You kissed Niall. Niall Horan. Just kissed Niall Horan. You couldn’t stop smiling. “Why are you smiling so much?” Zayn asked. “Oh, no reason.” you lied. He gave you a look. “What happened in there? Did you and Niall make up?” Louis asked. You nodded. Everyone’s faces lit up.

     “Yup. Niall and I made up. Everything’s fine.” you told them. They all looked so releaved. You took a seat next to Harry and Zayn. “I told you. Didn’t I tell you? Everything is fine! Back to normal!” Harry exclaimed. You chuckled. Along with everyone else, they laughed as well. You could see the sadness was going away. The nurse came in again. “Niall is capable of going home in a few hours. We want to clean him up and let him rest here for a little while. We’re also going to do another X ray just to make sure nothing’s broken.” You were all happy now. “How is he feeling?” Dainelle asked. “He’s fine. Actually, he seemed quite smiely and happy.” the nurse told her. You smiled to yourself. Harry saw it. “Alright what happened in there?” he asked you. You didn’t answer. You didn’t know if you should tell anyone just yet. You all decided to stay there at the hospital until he was ready to home back home. You still couldn’t believe that you and Niall kissed. But the funny thing is about the whole situation… You liked it…