Chapter Nintey Six: Anything for You

"Can you come into my room when you wake please?" you read the text message from Zayn as you woke up the next morning. You wondered what was wrong. You looked down at yourself and saw you were still in your dress. You were confused. "I don't even remember going to bed last night.." you said to yourself. Eleanor and Danielle were still sleeping. You slowly got up out of bed and made your way out of your own room and into Zayn's. You wondered what he wanted. You quietly crept down the hallway, careful not to disturb anyone. You peeked into Harry's room. He was sound asleep. You checked on Liam. Asleep. Louis? Sleeping. Niall? Asleep. Everyone was asleep except you and Zayn. You made your way to his bedroom door and peek in.

     He was laying down on his bed, body facing the opposite direction as the door. "Come in." he said from his bed without turning his body to look at you. You stepped on inside and closed the door. You walked over to Zayn's side of the bed. He was under the covers all safe and sound. He looked up at you with his big brown eyes. "Hey Zayn." you said softly as you started rubbing his back with your right hand. "Hey." he said back. For a few moments you were just standing there, wondering what he needed. He started moving more inward in the bed to make room for you to climb in. "Climb in." he said. You did as you were told and got into the bed beside him. You pulled the covers over yourself and turned so you would face your best friend. He kept on staring at you as if he were trying to figure out a puzzle. "What?" you giggled. No words. All Zayn did was lean over, grab your body with his arm and force you closer to him. You were confused but followed along with it.

      Zayn grabbed you so your bodies were touching. You had your head under his neck and right hand on his chest. You felt him holding you. Was he okay? He just held you there under his arms. "Zayn what's the-" "Shhhhhhh." he cut you off as he squeezed you tightly. "Don't speak. Just lemme hold you for a bit." You were still confused but didn't question or fight it. You lifted your head slightly to look up at him. You could've sworn you saw a tear rolling down his cheek. He didn't let go of you. He held you for about ten minutes straight without talking. You were leaning your head in between his chin and his collar bone with your hand on his chest. After about fifteen minutes of doing absolutely nothing besides having Zayn hold you in his arms, he kissed your forehead and loosened his grip. You pushed away from him only to be able to see his face. He had a few tears streaming down his face. "Zayn!" you said as you immediately wiped the tears away from his face. He sniffled once and looked at you.

     "Zayn, what's the matter?" you asked. "Nothing." Zayn replied. You sighed. So did he. "It's just that...." he started saying. You looked at him. "Last night... For some reason.... Was the first night I realized something different.." "What?" you asked. Zayn sighed again and continued on. "Last night you came home past midnight. I'm not used to that.... And it was with another guy.... Not me...." he explained. "I'm not saying that Niall isn't responsible or anything. He is. It's just that I'm so used to you being around me all the time. You're not little anymore _____. You don't need my protection now. You're a grown woman now and I just...." He couldn't finish his sentence. You didn't take your eyes off him. "I just....." Another tear rolled down his face. You automatically grabbed him. You grabbed him and held him close and refused to let go. Zayn placed his head on your shoulder and held you closer than ever. You kissed his cheek as he shed another small tear on your shoulder.

     "Zayn, I'm always gonna need you." you whispered into his ear. You began stroking the back of his head with your hand. "Doesn't matter what age I am or how you view me now. I'm always gonna need you." you tried comforting him. You held him tighter. "I'm always gonna need you." repeated slowly into his ear.

     Zayn pulled away and looked into your eyes. His eyes were glassy but no more tears fell. "I love you... like a lot... Maybe a little too much...." he said. You chuckled and placed a kiss on his nose. Little Zayn was always there to look out after you. He was like your guardian angel. "I love you too. A lot more than you think I do." you said. Zayn smiled and pulled you in for another moment of hugging. Just holding each other in each other's arms.