Chapter Sixty: Double Date

After a few more minutes of just talking, and trying to get your mind off the subject, you noticed Niall was feeling quite uneasy. You nuddged him a few times and tried smiling. He wasn’t happy. “Niall, perk up.” you whispered into his ear. He looked at you and sighed. You smiled at him. He gave you a fake one. You frowned and quickly pecked his cheek. Then his face lit up. You giggled. “That’s my boy.” you said rubbing his back. He giggled. A real giggle this time. Niall put his arm around you and held you closely. Harry ruins everything. But he doesn’t mean it. Zayn then spoke to you and Nialler. “Hey I was wondering.” he started. You and Niall both looked in his direction. He was drawing attention from the others as well. “I was wondering if you want to come with me and Perrie for lunch tomorrow.” he said. Perrie Edwards. She hated you. You swallowed. Harry and the others looked at you. You remembered telling Harry about Perrie. He must’ve told everyone else. They knew that Perrie wasn’t fond of you. Niall knew as well. The only one who didn’t know was Zayn. He was too oblivious. “Ummm..” you started saying. “Sure we’ll go.” Niall blurted out. Your eyes widened and you whipped your head around to look at him. He shrugged like it was no big deal. “Great.” Zayn said with a cheeky smile. Niall smiled back at him then looked at you. The others immediately started another random conversation in order to avoid the awkwardness. “Niall!” you whispered/yelled at him. He acted all innocent. “What?” he asked. “You know about me and Perrie.” you said. He nodded. “Yeah? And?” he asked. “And?!” you started saying. “And you know that she doesn’t exactly like me!” you continued whispering/yelling. He chuckled. “_____, you’re gonna have to face this eventually. Why not now? And besides…” he started defending. “Maybe when she sees you with me, she’ll calm down.” he said. You hated it when he made sense. You rolled your eyes and looked away from him. You heard him chuckled. He wrapped his arms around your stomach and leaned his head on your shoulder. He kissed your cheek. “Don’t worry baby. Everything’s gonna be fine.” he whispered.

     You smiled. Maybe he was right. It was getting later and later. Time to go home. Louis drove you all back to the flat. You got ready for bed. You were in the bathroom brushing your teeth when you heard a knock on your door. You spit into the sink and wiped your mouth. You then opened it. It was Niall, standing there in his pajamas. “Hi.” you said with a happy smile. “Hey.” he smiled. You chuckled. But then you bit your lip. Niall groaned. He took you by the shoulders and started shaking you. “You need to stop worrying!” he said. You couldn’t help it. Having your bestfriend’s girlfriend hate you is pretty bad. “But I can’t help it! You know how much she means to Zayn?” you questioned him. He let go of your shoulders and let his hands drop to his sides. “I know.” he said. “But in all honesty…” he said. “I think he loves you more.” You were shocked. You looked him in the eyes. Niall was nodding. “Really?” you asked him honestly. He nodded. “Mhhmm.” he said biting the inside of his lower lip. A smile escaped from your lips. “He wouldn’t give you up for the world. Even if it means loosing a girlfriend here and there.” Niall told you. You got butterflies in your stomach. That made you feel good. You didn’t respond though. “You’ll be fine love.” he assured you. You nodded. “I guess you’re right.” you said. He nodded again. “Thanks.” you said. He smiled. “No problem.” he answered. You chuckled. So did he. “Now go to bed _____. It’s late. You need your rest.” he told you. You nodded. Niall took another step towards you and gently placed your lips on his. He took one hand and held the back of your head while the other was around your waist. His lips were soft and gentle. You pulled away. “Goodnight Niall.” you said. He smiled. “Goodnight.” he answered. You made your way into your room with Eleanor and he made his way into the bathroom. You shut your bedroom door once inside to see Eleanor and Danielle on El’s laptop sitting on her bed together. “Hey!” Eleanor perked. You looked up at her. “Hi.” you answered. “So…” she said. Eleanor shut her laptop and then took a spot on your bed. Danielle followed her. “So how’s the whole Perrie Edwards thing going?” Eleanor asked you. You sighed. “Yeah, Liam and Eleanor both told me what happened.” Danielle then said. You nodded. “I don’t know. Niall wants me to go, he thinks it’s a good idea so we’ll just see where things go.” Both El and Dani nodded. “Niall wouldn’t steer you wrong.” Danielle then said. You giggled. “I know he wouldn’t.” you answered. The girls smiled at eachother. “Well alright then.” Eleanor said. “I don’t know about you guys but I’m going to sleep.” she said getting off your bed and onto her own. You and Dani laughed at her. “Sleep tight Eleanor.” Danielle joked. Eleanor stuck her tounge out at Danielle and tucked herself in. Danielle chuckled and then got off your bed as well and made her way onto her own. You got inside and tucked yourself in. “Goodnight girlies.” Danielle said. “Night.” you and Eleanor both responded. The lights were shut off. You slowly dozed off. The next morning, you awoke to the feeling of someone on your bed. You slowly opened your eyes.