Chapter Fifty: Meeting Jacob Watson

You went to bed that night thinking about the song. It killed you. “Please don’t fall in love with someone else.” Niall’s words rang in your ear. “Please don’t fall in love with someone else….” You woke up the next morning to the rays of the sun peering into you and Eleanor’s bedroom. You got up, rubbed your eyes and went downstairs. “Godomorning there lovely.” Louis said as you approached him. You smiled. “Morning Lou.” you answered. He smiled. You took a quick look at Niall who was sitting on the floor. He looked at you and didn’t say anything. You bit your lip. Zayn walked over to you with a cup of tea in his hands. “Here you are darling.” he said as he handed it to you. You took it from him and took a sip. “Thanks.” you said. He smiled and kissed your cheek. “You’re welcome.” he said. You giggled and took a seat down next to Liam. You were trying to figure out if Zayn was still angry with Niall. Maybe he was, maybe he wasn’t. You’d ask him on the was to the diner. “Now Zayn and _____, you two have plans for today right?” Liam asked. You both nodded. “Plans?” Eleanor asked. “What plans?” Harru questioned. “_____ and I are going to meet Jacob at the diner later on today.” Zayn said. Everyone’s eyes widened. You took a quick look over at Niall who looked like he was about to shatted into a million pieces. Maybe this wasn’t a good idea. “Are you now?” Louis questioned. Zayn nodded. Louis looked at you and said nothing.

     “Alright, well why don’t we go out for a little bit first?” Harry asked. “I mean before we loose _____ again for like the third time this week.” Harry teased you. You gave him a little look. He smiled. “Alright, how about that?” Liam asked. You all looked around and nodded. “We’ll go for a walk.” Louis said. “Good, now get ready.” Liam said. You went off in your own directions and got dressed and ready for your little morning walk. “So Zayn is meeting Jacob today huh?” Eleanor asked as she was choosing a shirt. You nodded. “I guess so.” you answered. She didn’t look pleased. “You really like this Jacob guy?” she wondered. “No.” you answered. She gave you a look. “Alright, well maybe a little bit.” you gave in. She chuckled. “You know Niall’s not doing well right?” she asked you. You groaned. “It’s true.” she said. You sighed and nodded. “I know.” you answered. “I spoke to him last night.” she told you. Your eyes widened. “And what did you discuss?” you asked. She started giving you the information. “I woke up at like 3:00 in the morning to find him on the front porch with his guitar.” You didn’t know he stayed there for the whole night. “He was sitting there witha cup of coffee in his hand and just strumming some random notes on the guitar.” she continued. “I asked him why he was outside and he said he just needed some quiet time. I asked him if he was still thinking about you. He told me that you’re litterally all he thinks about. He told me that picturing you loving someone else but him just killed him. Do you notice at all that he doesn’t talk anymore?” Eleanor asked. You actually didn’t realize. You thought it was just him not talking to you. You didn’t know he didn’t talk to anyone else in the band. You shook your head “No.” Eleanor sighed. “Well _____, it’s not only you he doesn’t talk to. He doesn’t talk to anyone. He doesn’t talk to any of us anymore. He only speaks if he’s spoken to. Do you know how difficult it is for him to even look at you everyday?” Eleanor ranted. You could tell she was a bit angry with you. You were a bit angry with yourself. Maybe this whole Jacob thing wasn’t going to work out. “Come on ladies! Hurry up!” you heard Louis call from downstairs. You and Eleanor made your way downstairs. “Come now.” Louis said. You walked over to the others. Niall was standing alone, waiting for you and Eleanor. You passed him without looking at him. You couldn’t after what Eleanor told you. You all walked out with eachother.

     Zayn started jogging so he could catch up with you. Niall walked behind you all, by himself. Zayn put his arm around you and smiled with a lollipop in his mouth. “Seriously?” you asked him. He smiled and nodded. “You’re the one that bought them.” he defended himself. You chukcled. You knew that Zayn wasn’t actually using them for smoking purposes anymore. He was just eating them because he likes them now. You walked around town and aroud the park for a little. You thew some coins in the fountain, chased eachother in the grass and other stupid things. Just talking and whatever and taking silly pictures. When it reached aroud 11:30 you decided to go back home. You all got up, and left the park and went back to the flat. Liam fell back and started talking to Niall. You knew what it was about. The walk didn’t last much longer. You all went back home shortly. “We need to talk.” Liam whispered in your ear. You nodded. You all entered the house. Without saying anything, you and Liam went upstairs to his room to have a little chat. “_____…” he said slowly. You said nothing. “Niall told me something interesting.” he said. You didn’t know if you wanted to find out what it was. “What?” you blurted. He sighed. “He told me that he hasn’t slept for days.” he said. You were shocked. “What?!” you asked. He nodded. “Mhhmmm…” he said. You thought he only stayed up all night last night. “Every night?” you asked. He nodded. “He says the most amount of sleep he gets at night is about two or three hours.” Niall couldn’t sleep? “He said that he just can’t get you out of his head. He says that his thoughts litterally tear him apart at night. That he’s silently suffering and nobody notices.” Liam said. You couldn’t listen to him. You just ran out of his room as fast as possible. “_____! Wait!” Liam shouted. You ignored him. You went back downstairs and met with the others. “_____, slow down!” Zayn warned. “Oh sorry.” you apologzied. “Is everything alright?” he asked. You nodded. Lied. You looked at Niall real quick who was on his phone doing something. You knew Niall was hurt by all of this but you didn’t know he was hurt this much. To the point where he doesn’t sleep at night anymore. By 2:00 you and Zayn were getting ready to met Jacob. “Are you ready for today?” Jacob texted you. You texted back “Yes, ready.” you said. “Kool. Meet you there in an hourr.” he said. You stopped texting and knocked on Zayn’s bedroom door. “Zayn?” you asked. “Come on in.” you heard him call from the other side. You walked inside and saw him shirtless. “Hey babe.” you said. “Hi.” he replied. You’ve seen Zayn shirtless about a thousand times before but no matter when he took off his shirt you melted. Of course you had no feelings towards him like that but he did have a great body. He giggled when he saw you looking at him. “Getting butterflies babe?” he asked. You snapped out of it and blushed. He continued chuckling. He threw on a shirt and walked your way. “Come on now darling. Let’s go meet this lovely boy who fancies you.” he teased as you and him walked out the door. “He doesn’t fancy me.” you said. “Oh really?” Zayn asked. You rolled your eyes. You went downstairs. Harry walked out of the kitchen. “Hey. You going?” he asked. You nodded.